4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:55 am 
Some call me a god

I may just run the 14b as long as I can. I have no need to get buck wild with this car.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:00 am 
Some call me a god

Jason and his dad finished the transmission yesterday. I went down and picked it up today and after I got home from work took some time and put it in. Everything went very smooth. Got it all together and she runs like a champ. Had to play with the shifter cable for a few minutes, but finally figured that out and all is well.

Only thing left is to pick up another torque converter bolt. Somehow one of the three went missing. And I don't have anything like that in my collection. But she shifts very smooth now.

Next step, prepare for the turbo install. Going to likely be the later part of march before that gets done, but now I can focus on that.

Still trying to find a grill and the door trim pieces though. Have yet to find a four door in the junk yard. Found two grills today that looked good walking up, but were both broke in the same spot. Oh well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:26 am 
CSM Junkie

If you don't find your trim piece in a couple months PM me cause there are a couple of sedans at the yard about 35 min from me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:13 pm 
Some call me a god

I like this little turd. I am not sure how much more I am going to do to it though.

I spent this past week on vacation in arkansas and took the summit down there. It was 1700 miles round trip and the car performed without a problem. Perfect I might add. I had been having a leak since I put the car back together. I figured out the day before I left it was the tranny. I checked the fluid on my first stop in kansas and all seemed well. But there was fluid all over the top of the case and it put a few drops on the ground before I left.

I checked the fluid a few times just to be sure and could not really tell as I had power washed everything the day before. Some snooping around I found BOTH tranny cooler lines coming out of the transmission were loose. Like could swivel all the way around loos. I took the crappy factory crimp clamp things off and put worm clamps on. I guess they were not tight enough and the old dry rotted hoses were too hard and did not clamp down.

I checked each stop and did not seem to be losing any. Nor did it leave any more fluid on the ground. I drove the car a few times while in arkansas and never once did the car leave a drop. So it is safe to this car is in tip top shape. I averaged as high as 27.5mpg and as low as 22mpg. This poor little auto tranny just puts the engine way to high to get good gas mileage. That and if the speed limit was 70 I was doing 75-80. And if it was 75 I was doing 80-85. But all in all the car ran great. Aside from the crappy turbo seats, it road great.

I think the only thing I am going to do is replace the speakers in the car. If that does not satisfy me I am going to put in a small amp and some 10" subs. But other than that, I am just going to drive this thing. It runs too well to mess with it.

Thanks Graham, I love this little car. Too bad I don't drive it much when I am home.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:37 am 
Some call me a god

You'll drive it more once you have a 14b on it with Link.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:47 am 
Some call me a god

I already sold all the parts I bought from graham. I am not interested anymore in turboing this thing. But it ran great and made it without a hitch.

Plus, I drive a company vehicle 99.5% of the time anyway. I am on call pretty much all the time, so I take that everywhere. That and they pay for fuel. Better them than me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:14 pm 
Some call me a god

AHHH no way! I was excited that someone had basically the same car I now have. Oh well... Drive it into the ground.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:16 pm 
Some call me a god

I have my toy. And I am tired of just wasting money. Time to start moving ahead in life. I really want to, but just don't have the desire. 50% lazy, 50% money. I have the money, so more like 66% lazy, 33% money. :loser:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:02 pm 
Some call me a god

Understood man.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:20 am 
CSM Junkie

Yeah that's why I like my hyundai right now, never gave me any major and going 3 years strong son,lol! But I do miss a boosted car so bad it's not even funny any more :cry:

That's why always a smart idea to have a DD and a toy because when the toy breaks, you can always count on old faithful DD to bail you out :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 pm 
Some call me a god

Yep, all that I may be doing at this point is putting an amp, some subs and new speakers in it. It just runs too good and is too drama free to mess with. Took it for a spin last night for the first time in over two months. Not a bad little ride.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:24 pm 
Some call me a god

sweet, that is good to hear. i liked it alot too, just didnt have time ir mney to make it better. 1700 miles is nothing to sneeze at with zero issues.

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 am 
Some call me a god

Aside from the body and stained interior, it is perfect now. I fixed all the things you were unable to. I know your situation has been rough, but it's all good. I got a great car out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:26 am 
Some call me a god

I have decided that I am going to go ahead and turbocharge this thing. I really want my friends 89 turbo mirage, but it is wrecked and I am just not sure I want to deal with that right now. That and my car just runs far too good to give up. Plus with all the work I have into it so far I am really attached. That and I really love this automatic transmission.

So look for updates here. They may end up being sporadic as I am trying to get the truck running before thanksgiving. But I imagine by spring time I will be boosting away with this little car.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:29 pm 
Some call me a god

Picked up a small 16g, 2g exhaust manifold, 90 turbo ecu, and a small FMIC. So much for waiting.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next