Motor was a JDM Import. PO was kind enough to offer the motor up at a deal while we traded space at my rental town house to tear down his Eagle Talon that was no longer fit for the road.
I installed that motor as is, until it got reworked with head work (cleaning/seals/machining), paint to the head, HKS cams and Fidanza adjustable cam gears around 2013.
OEM composite head gasket, Felpro valve seals, oil feed port work performed to remove restriction.
When the head first came off I could see valve contact marks, so those were massaged out and polished, as were the tops while it was all accessible.
Bottom end has whatever mileage it had accumulated in the Talon, and in Japan. It had the AWD trans with selectable 2wd/4wd feature and that was sold off to start to fund parts for a clutch job.
Oil pressure is good when hot and cold per my gauge, and has been run on synthetic of various weights since I have owned it.
The CAS on my setup will possibly be something I will look into, but to truly duplicate a 1989 Colt Turbo CAS, it is longer than the DSM by design, and I think new wires could be fitted with some effort if all CSM stock is gone, as it mostly is.
I saw your post about getting stranded and voila, it started back up again like nothing happened. I have my Ignitor/PTU mounted to the metal board as designed because it uses that as a minor heat dissipation element, but it is relocated to the top of the cyclone unit where they are traditionally mounted on those intakes. I had to rebuild the wiring on a couple of pins on the ignitor previously due to the "green" and using 2G or similar ignitor pins IIRC ... or MAF ... or somewhere on a donor harness that had them ... too long ago to remember, but I made it work. Likely it is time again and thus my decision to update a few parts. While being stranded, I could wiggle ECU pins and cause the car to run on two cylinders .... so those pins are getting looked at also.