Update time! Its been a busy two months since the last update and unfortunately not much for my car but the good news is that Aarons car is running and should be at Shootout!
Lets start with the 1 piece driveshaft, I started working with DSS on building a 1 piece shaft for the car back in January. We ended up doing a cf shaft due to critical speed issues that come with a shaft of this length. tcase seal to pinion flange was 74 5/8. We ended up using a smaller diameter cf tube than what they normally run. I can't recall off the top of my head but I think this is a 3.1 where the standard is 3.8
At the same time I sent in a set of oem 3kgt axles to have them shortened and have a bar upgrade done.
In order to clear the ds the floor was going to have to be modified. I started by drilling out the center section that reinforces the tunnel where the oem seat belts bolted in.
Original plan was to section the stock tunnel.
I didn't care for the way things were headed. I don't have the fabrication tools needed to make the bends needed to have a quality piece so out the oem section came.
I bought a HF basic brake and used some scrap 16g steel to make a new section.
Floor prep before new section is welded in.
I ended up doing a stitch weld on the front section along with doing a plug weld on the front, sides and rear cap. The two pieces were also welded together underneath in the rear.
More parts! Found an sfi approved qr by nrg!
Test fitting the new wheel, sans one bolt
I decided to sell my 6870 and put a 7685 on the car. This is a comparison between a gt42 housing 7675 and my 6870. The 7685 should be identical in dimensions so this will be used for mock up.
7685 just fits
A sneak peak at some custom billet for the Colt.