4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:41 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Updated to reflect the fact that the archives no longer house the photos that made this thread complete.

The following resources are available:

Factory Mitsubishi PDF's - The most popular PDF's for CSM/DSM/GVR4, transmission, carbs, etcs
http://www.lilevo.com/mirage/

Online ASA parts lookup program. Must have translator unless you speak Russian. Very simple layout and for each picture, you see a complete list of the associated parts, for those pieces pictured.

http://mitsubishi-motors.kiev.ua/1/#

Parts look-up database. Also, you can input an OEM part number and it will take you to the model and period it was produced for.
The program covers ASA Japan, USDM, EDM, and GEN EXPORT
This webpage is absolutely amazing!!!
http://www.partsbase.org/

ASA programs for those times when you don't have the internet handy.

EUROPEAN ASA http://www.kaxlon.com/dsmecu/2013/MMC_ASA_EURO.ZIP
GENERAL EXPORT ASA http://www.kaxlon.com/dsmecu/2013/MMC_ASA_GEN.ZIP
JAPAN ASA http://www.kaxlon.com/dsmecu/2013/MMC_ASA_JAP.ZIP
US ASA (Mitsubishi Afersales Support Application) http://www.kaxlon.com/dsmecu/2013/MMC_ASA_USA.ZIP

USDM Mitsubishi Chassis codes - holds true for other regions but some codes cross over and lack turbocharging, certain 4wS etc.
http://img.galantvr4.org/143000/143059-0-0-0.jpg

Mitsubishi DSM parts catalogue: Just about every part with MD numbering, you can shake a stick at!
Tranmission parts, engine parts, shifter cables, nuts, bolts, whatever, it has it.
http://www.gmb.be/CJD_parts/CD2/Catalog ... ar/89d.pdf

Russian website with tons of Factory Service Manuals (Mitsubishi) but in point and click .PDF
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.kiev.ua/info.php?id=20

For members of http://www.galantvr4.org:
ASA installation instructions -
http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/sho ... =0&fpart=1

Online CAPS/ASA for any Mitsubishi:
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.kiev.ua/

Off-Road Mitsubishi PDF's:
Montero, Pajero, Conquest, Starion, 3000GT, Stealth, Eclipse, Laser, CAPS and more
http://www.mitsubishilinks.com/

Russian link that some of the info here, came from
http://indy.pp.ru/GDI/Docs/

CAPS
WIN CAPS US V3.41
http://www.mitsubishilinks.com/fsm/wincaps-setup.exe

US ASA
http://www.mitsubishilinks.com/fsm/mmc-asa_usa.exe

Instructions for ASA:
Quote:
Welcome to the new Mitsubishi Aftersales Support Application It's an updated version of CAPS, but more powerful in it's searching capabilities. For example you can see what cars share parts in a single click! No more guess work!

**If you're running VISTA, there's a fix at the bottom for you**

Here is the download link ASA link

The files you want to download are the ones under:
"Mitsubishi ASA Japan (MMC ASA)

MMC ASA catalog of parts for all models of Mitsubishi Japanese market.

Updates via the Internet."

The password for the archives is "dsm-club.org" (without quotations)

Installation:

Once you've downloaded and extracted the two ISO files. Just mount them (with Daemon tools) or burn them with Nero or something similar.

Run disc A and choose "Setup". The program will start to install and you will get this first screen:

Choose "English UK", click OK

Next screen:

Check the "HASP HL" box, make sure nothing else is checked.
Click FINISH

Next screen (after the HASP HL drivers are installed):

Choose "Custom Install"

Next screen:

Choose your hard drive to install to, then check "Single User (Full) - Recommended"
Click NEXT

The program will install.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: NINJA EDIT ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Once you reach the final screen, DO NOT click the "finish" button.
If you do, the program will auto-start upon completion and give you an error message.
You must perform the tasks below before finishing the installation.
Then and only then, will the program work with the crack folder ".dll" file in the [PROG] folder, and the REGISTRY file installed [double click on it] See note on next line for Vista 64 users.
Make the changes below to the REGISTRY file before installing it.

You need to crack it.

Browse your ASA Jap Disc A and find the "Crack" folder. Copy the file mmData.dll to this folder:
x:\MMC\ASA\M00\PROG\ (where "x" is the drive you installed to)

Then double click and run the MMC.REG file to update your registry.

The program will now work.

It works practically the same as CAPS and it works with Vista after you apply the fix below.

With x64 Vista you will need to change the registry key that is being entered. Just open it up in notepad (right click, open with, choose notepad)

When inside, one line will say [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Licenses\], just change that to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Licenses\] and save it, should work after that.

the program is a 32 bit application, therefore runs in vista 64's 32 bit shell, which is kept separate to all the 64 bit stuff. just like you have a Program Files and a Program Files (x86) folder in x64.

For Vista x32 there would be a similar fix, but I haven't worked it out yet.
** I did not write these instructions, they were posted on http://www.4gtuner.com by Liberoz **

Short version of the instructions as written by Legume of the same forum...

1) extract file from rar. password: dsm-club.org do both flies A and B

2) mount disc A to magikdisc and run

3) select english

4) select HASP HL

5) select custom install

6) select single user (full) --> next

7) program will install but dont run until crack is installed
when disc 2 is asked for I unmount disc 1, mount disc 2 then click continue.

Browse mounted disc A and find the "Crack" folder.
Copy the file "mmData.dll" and drop it into the "PROG" folder
of NEWLY INSTALLED ASA

8) browse mounted A disc and open CRACK folder
Then double click and run the MMC.REG file to update your registry.
The program will now work.

*Hear ye, Hear ye! Coming to a Sticky near you, this just in*

BEST MANUALS TO USE (FOR TURBO CHARGED MODELS)
Representative pictures of the dealer manuals located here ...
ImageClick me for better view of the manuals.
As stated before the manuals are representative, but the only difference I have seen when referring to the 1989 C52 model, is the addition of the wording, "Colt/Summit Colt Series 2000"
The 1989 Colt/Summit Turbo manual cover shows a black background with white writing.

C10 Body Styled cars 2nd Generation
Dealer Manuals generally a two volume set -> Names can include Colt, Summit, Plymouth, Mirage, Colt Wagon, Conquest.
Covers North American sales years from, 1985 to 1992 (Canada received sales until 1992 of the C10 body style).
-> Volume 1 Engine, Chassis & Body
-> Volume 2 Electrical
-> Volume 3 ECI - Turbo Driveability Troubleshooting
Everything you need to know about ground point locations, fluid specs, internal tolerances, body panels, diagnosing every sensor and component on the vehicle. Turbo reference material supplement to the regular dealer manual; info concerning parts, operation, inspection, diagnosing problems and re&re installation of turbo system.

C50 Body Styled cars 3rd Generation
Dealer Manuals generally a two volume set -> Names can include Colt/Summit Colt Series 2000, others (?).
Covers North American sales year 1989 - 1500 Models produced total.
-> Volume 2 Electrical
Everything you need to know about ground point locations, fluid specs, internal tolerances, body panels, diagnosing every sensor and component on the vehicle. Turbo reference material supplement to the regular dealer manual; info concerning parts, operation, inspection, diagnosing problems and re&re installion of turbo system.

Sources:
EBay.com, Ebay.ca and the classifieds in your local swap papers.
Manual sets can be had from $1 to $25 at the most at the time of this post.
Generally not available from the dealer any more Chrysler or Mitsubishi, however if you get the right person at the parts counter you can ask for this courtesy of HondaHunter;
"Mitsubishi still carries them. I was quoted at $139.65 USD and I believe its for the whole set.
I believe its for the turbo....I told the parts counter guy C53A
P/N: MSSP006B89
NOTE: the parts counter guy's handwritting was *shystier* (little edit for wording :wink:) than mine so the S's might be 5's and the 0"s might be o's."
Dealer or Ebay.c* may also still carry the original Volume 3 of the C10 body style car manuals (ECI - Turbo Driveability Troubleshooting); dealer manual (may be Chrysler #)# 81-699-7032

BEST MANUALS TO USE (FOR NON-TURBO MODELS)
Representative pictures of the dealer manuals located here ...
ImageClick me for better view of the manuals.

Dealer Manuals generally a two volume set -> Names can include Colt, Summit, Plymouth, Mirage, Colt Wagon, etc.
Covers North American sales years from, 1985 to 1992 (Canada received sales until 1992 of the C10 body style).
-> Volume 2 Electrical
Everything you need to know about ground point locations, fluid specs, internal tolerances, body panels, diagnosing every sensor and component on the vehicle.

Dealer Manuals generally a two volume set -> Names can include Colt, Summit, Plymouth, Mirage, Colt 200.
Covers North American sales years, 1989 through 1992.
-> Volume 2 Electrical
Everything you need to know about ground point locations, fluid specs, internal tolerances, body panels, diagnosing every sensor and component on the vehicle.

CC Body Styled cars 4th Generation - while not widely discussed on this site, they are pertinent non-the less!
Dealer Manuals generally a two volume set -> Names can include Colt, Summit, Plymouth, Mirage.
Covers North American sales years, 1993 through 1995(?).
-> Volume 2 Electrical

Sources:
EBay.com, Ebay.ca and the classifieds in your local swap papers.
Manual sets can be had from $1 to $25 at the most at the time of this post.
Generally not available from the dealer any more; Chrysler or Mitsubishi.

GOOD MANUALS TO USE (FOR NON-TURBO MODELS)

CHILTON Colt/Vista 1990-93 3rd + 4th Generation C/S/M plus Vista models
Representative picture of the Chilton manual located here ...
One volume book, Chilton id #20342, ISBN 0-8019-8418-1
While not the definitive dealer manual set, this book includes much of the same material in copied form and the binding is almost as thick as the two dealer manual sets together. Wiring diagrams and vacuum diagrams are included and cover more than just the C50/CC body vehicles; also covered are the Vista wagons and their respective power train assemblies.
U.S. and Canadian models are both shown in comparison.

Sources:
Available online everywhere, including Amazon.c*, Ebay.c*, large book retailers such as Indigo/Chapters.
Priced around $15 to $30 at the time of this post.

CHILTON Import Repair Manual 1988-92 3rd Generation C/S/M
Representative picture of the Chilton manual located here ...

I have yet to review the contents of this book, and as such can only report on the contents as advertised by Chapters.ca and the Publisher respectively .... quote
"Offering extensive coverage of virtually every car imported into the U.S. and Canada, this is the most up-to-date service manual made for import car owners. Features thousands of detailed illustrations, charts, and line drawings."
Chapters.ca
"Chilton's Perennial Edition Service Manuals contain repair and maintenance information for all major systems that may not be available elsewhere. They include repair and overhaul procedures, thousands of illustrations, and troubleshooting. This 1992 Import manual offers a wide range of repair information on imported cars from 1988 to 1992."
The Publisher

Sources:
Available online everywhere, including Amazon.c*, Ebay.c*, large book retailters such as Indigo/Chapters.
Priced from $40 to $60 at the time of this post.

MANUALS THAT WILL COVER THE BASICS!
Representative pictures of the manual located here ...
ImageImageImageImage Click here for a better picture of the manual.

Mirage, Galant, Precis, Tredia, Cordia Service Manual
To quote leeds who selflessly donated his time to get me these pictures:
Quote:
Our cars are pretty much covered when it comes to almost everything, including even fixing small dents on body panels, both carb and injection engines are fully covered (as far as i know, the 1.3 and 1.5 c50 models that arrived to europe were carbs 1988-1990, the final 2 years of production; those engines became mpi, and dubbed GLi and GLXi. the gti was always an injection engine but after 1990 the 1.6 was dropped and replaced by the 1.8l-4g67). unfortunately the turbo charger unit itself is not thoroughly covered, with only one exploded illustration and covered in less than a page. unlike in the usa; the gti that came to europe was never turbocharged from the factory, infact, untill that crappy new colt 'cz3'; the last turbocharged colt that came to europe was the c10.
Representative pictures of the manual located here ...
Haynes Repair Manual Non-Turbo Charged models!
1st Generation type models, NO relation to the 1.5L EFI and larger displacement power plants that fit in the C10, C52, CC body types.
Sources:
Available online everywhere, including Amazon.c*, Ebay.c*, large book retailers such as Indigo/Chapters, most likely anywhere automotive literature is carried by a parts supply business (Canadian Tire, Pep Boys, etc.)
Priced around $20 at the time of the post.

SWAP RELEVANT LITERATURE N/A OR TURBO
Books or electronic media that can make diagnostic life much easier for those with the larger displacement engine swaps that now can't use the base 1.5L reference material. Displacements include 1.6L through to 2.4L and other variations due to swapped reciprocating internals. Information located here is a great tool for comparing the electrical system of the base vehicle to that of the swapped components and how they interact.

Dealer Manuals
1990 Talon/Laser Technical Information Manual - includes turbo supplements
1990(+) Powertrain Diagnostic Procedures 1.8L (Diamond Star)
->Talon/Eclipse/Laser Electronic Fuel Injection
1990(+) Powertrain Diagnostic Procedures 2.0L (Diamond Star)
->Talon/Eclipse/Laser Electronic Fuel Injection
1991(+) Talon, Laser, Eclipse 4G37 equipped manuals
1991(+) Talon, Laser, Eclipse 4G63, 4G64, 4G67 equipped manuals
1989-1993 Galant (GVR-4), Eagle 2000(GTX) DOHC/SOHC
1991 Hyundai Sonata G4CS (4G64) SOHC bottom end, 1995 DOHC head with 4G64 Gears.

This sticky is by no means infallable, there may be mistakes and if there are any or you have any info to add, feel free to PM me with your concerns and/or updates. This is a work in progress that I felt was needed just so that everyone had a good sense of what was out there regardless of their knowledge base concerning the C/S/M stock models and swap phenomenon. 8)

P.S. Anyone with info pertaining to ideal 1st/2nd Gen. manuals that aren't dealer specific and maybe have a link to a pic of one .... let me know, I'll include stuff for the 1st/2nd Generation guys too. I'm not as well versed as some of the others here on the older models. Thanks

Last edited by Flying Eagle on Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:12 am, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:49 am 
4g61t Delinquent

Quote:
Generally not available from the dealer any more; Chrysler or Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi still carries them

P/N: MSSP006B89

NOTE: the parts counter guy's handwritting was shittier than mine so the S's might be 5's and the 0"s might be o's :-?

For those 10 months or less... I'm broke...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:54 pm 
CSM Expert

Quote:
Dealer Manuals generally a two volume set -> Names can include Colt, Summit, Plymouth, Mirage, Colt Wagon.
Covers North American sales years from, 198? to 1992 (Canada received sales until 1992 of the C10 body style).
-> Volume 2 Electrical
Everything you need to know about ground point locations, fluid specs, internal tolerances, body panels, diagnosing every sensor and component on the vehicle. Turbo reference material supplement to the regular dealer manual; info concerning parts, operation, inspection, diagnosing problems and re&re installation of turbo system.
There is also a little-known third manual that goes with this set. On the front it says "ECI-TURBO Driveability Troubleshooting" with models listed as Colt and Conquest (it could just as easily say Mirage and Starion). The part number on the back, which I believe may be Chrysler's, says 81-699-7032. It contains, among other things, symptom descriptions and troubleshooting flow charts.

Also, as an FYI, the C10 was introduced in North America in 1985.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:18 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Just got the original Turbo/NA Body Dealer Repair Manual. More info to post when I have a chance to go through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:08 am 
Vendor

Great find and post :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:42 am 
The happy administrator

Quote:
Dealer Manuals generally a two volume set -> Names can include Colt, Summit, Plymouth, Mirage, Colt 200.
Covers North American sales years, 1989 through 1992.
-> Volume 2 Electrical
I had a 3rd book along with my set that was "troubleshooting". You'll have to go to pma1123 for a picture though.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:01 am 

Quote:
C50 Body Styled cars-> Volume 2 Electrical
I have this scanned in pdf. If anyone wants it just PM me with e-mail account. Size 10001KB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:28 pm 
The Silent Administrator

^ Archived now, but by all means contact Hubeeert! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:30 am 

Hello guys.
Welcome back to this topic.
I have some news - we (http://www.mitsumaniaki.com/forum) decided to do something to our members - something that can be used by all of you.
In this topic there is a list of all service manuals we have downloaded to a ftp server.
After click on any link appears new window with a text in Polish. All you have to do is click on "POBIERZ PLIK"

And thats it.
I hope that will help.

P.S.
If any one of you has any service manual that is not on the list we will be grateful to let us download this and place it on our ftp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:54 am 

Some news
1. We have downloaded some new service manuals - that is the good news
2. Soon (today/tomorrow) we will have to change rules of downloading files. To download a file you will have to register on our forum and after that Go to Faq/Downloads - Mitsubishi Service Manuals (marked red) then choose a Car and the file you wanto to download. Then another window will appear and you click on "Pobierz plik"
Sorry but server transfer is not unlimited.

In case of any troubles with registering or downloading any files PM me.

Hubeeert

Last edited by hubeeert on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:21 pm 

I'll update as well. I couldn't get around in the links above. My friend is fluent in Polish, so he helped out alot.

To register, you must have a # in your password.

http://www.mitsubishi-grafix.pl/forum2/ ... 6685700e8c

That is a direct link to the service manuals. You must be logged in.

Anyone need any other information from that forum, just ask me, my friend can translate it all perfectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:55 pm 

beaner thank you for reminding me and guys trying to register about numbers in password. :oops: My bad I forgot to tell you that.
Here is short FAQ how to register:
1. Click this link
2. Click Zgadzam Się na te warunki
Then appears another page. You have to fill all marked with *
Uzytkownik: - means user
Adres email: - e-mail addres
Hasło: - password with at least one digit
Potwierdź Hasło: - confirm password
Uwierzytelnianie: - this is against bots - you have to write this digits into the blank field
Auto *: - what car do you have - this is something added by me to an original php - it helps other people help you - they do not have to guess what damn car does he have?
Skąd *: - where are you from?
Płeć *: - are you a man (Mezczyzna) or a woman (Kobieta)

When you finish just click - Wyslij (send)

That's all

This is the list of service manuals we have:
Colt/Mirage:
Service manual (German) Colt/Lancer 1984-1988,1988-1992 - 46,9MB
Service manual mechanical US (ENG) Colt/Lancer C5x,C6x 1988-1992 - 70,9MB (thanks to Flying Eagle)
Service manual electrical(English) Colt/Mirage C50 1989-1992 - 10,5MB
Repair manual (English) Colt/Mirage C50 1989-1992 - 7,1MB (thanks to Flying Eagle)
Service manual (English) Colt/Lancer 1992-1995 - 41,3MB
Service manual (English) Colt/Lancer 1996-2001 - 28,4MB

We have also Service manuals for
Eclipse
3000GT/GTO
FTO
Lancer EVO
Pajero/Montero
Space Wagon/Space Runner
Starion
Engines
Gear boxes
MITSUBISHI TROUBLE CODE INFO

I hope that it will be helpful for you.

If anyone has any service manual for Mitsubishi that we do not have please contact me. We can upload this to our server and everyone will have acces to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:51 pm 
CSM Junkie

I'm feeling rather smug right now. I finally followed up on Flying Eagle's thread on how to get the '89 service manual. According to my dealer(Mitsu.), I got the last one in captivity. It was in Los Angeles. Expensive, but well worth it! All sorts of info. "How to's" and fastener locations, complete. Thanks, Eagle; sorry, guys. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:15 am 
The Silent Administrator

Bill that was post 666 for you, keep an eye out for things like that! 8) Good grab on that one, next step is the electronic portable version, just ask and ye shall receive. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:12 am 
CSM Expert

I would like to put all of these manuals up on my server so everyone can easily download them. Can you guys send them to me or would it be easier for you to upload them to my server if I gave you an FTP login?