4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: motor siezed
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:23 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

let my mistake help you guys in the future, got everything back together yesterday with the new head and was driving around all day, was coming back on the highway when the oil light came on, a second later the motor came to a stop, pulled over and there was oil all over the ground. $@% oil drain plug came off and all my oil came out. motor siezed. good news is, i have a spare block. bad news is im sick and tired of working on this car, first bobby aka dragster4g61t $%#@ me over on a $4000 motor, took my money and dissapeared never shipping me the motor, then my head blew got another rebuilt, then somthing got sucked in and bent a valve, so got another head rebuilt, and now this. just seems like i can never win.

Silver 2006 G35 6spd Sport sedan F.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:46 pm 
Some call me a god

My first colt motor was supposed to be a serious motor too, paid the guy $5000 to cover parts and machine shop costs, the rest would be paid on completion of the car.
I got screwed to make a long story short, buddy went bankrupt and went back to korea. He later in the year made a visit to Toronto at the street races, i saw him and confronted him, managed to score a new set of 17's, lightweight honda race rims, and a race seat, and an empty promise of my parts back. (still waiting)

I was lucky to have got the car out of the shop after talking nicely to the owner of the property( it was located in a set of rental commercial units)

Since then, i have taken it upon myself to learn (trial and error) auto mechanics. REbuilt my first ever motor which i had as a spare, and havent looked back.
conclusion, do it yourself!!
Maybe the Mitsu thing isnt for you, or that car is just cursed. Its a sign.

Post subject: Re: motor siezed
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:51 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Quote:
first bobby aka dragster4g61t $%#@ me over on a $4000 motor, took my money and dissapeared never shipping me the motor
Um, I hope this is sarcasim :-? ...I never took any money on a motor from anyone. Nor have I ever agreed to sell a motor...exspecially a $4000 one. :o But I feel your pain....I just spent two months working on mine to find out its running on 3 cylinders and needs a rebuild. Thats the life I guess.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:08 pm 

well a guy that originally had the name "USERNAME" known by others as bobby or robert had a white colt w 4g63t swap, i sent him the money for the motor and tranny and he dissapeared, im not the only one, several others got screwed but not as bad as me. now either there are several heavy set guys named bobby that live in Colorado that drive colt turbos or i have mistaken you for the same guy. if so i appologize.

this is what he described to me:

Here is a breakdown of soem of the parts i could remember when i got them... of course u can go cheap and use aftermarket crap... but if u want to go fast and reliable use OEM... the spend millions designing an engine... i seenyour post just wanted to put something together for you to see where im coming from...

Parts Prices
1st Generation 7.8 to 1 Pistons Con $255.00
Piston Rings - Stock Con $153.00
90 big rods-
Engine Gasket Set,with/Valvesstemseals $225
Head Gasket OEM style $34.00
Exhaust manifold gasket $14.16
Main Bearings $41.36
Rod Bearings $18.00
Spark Plug Tube O-rings $10.00
ARP Head Bolts Summit $75.39
ARP Rod Bolts Summit $33.39
ARP Main Bolts Summit $54.69
Knock sensor $58.48
Stainless Steel Valves RRE $128.00
Valve Retainers titanium $200
Valve springs $150
Valve Guides Carparts.com $73.60
Valve Stem Seals $26.28
Timing Belt Con $56.98
Timing Belt Tensioner Con $60.47
Idler Pulley Con $24.34
Timing Belt Pulley Con $19.91
Water Pump car $45.97
Front Cover/Case Con $147.71
Oil Pump Con $37.24
Driven Gear Con $18.83
Accessory Belts Car $28.50
Fuel Injection O-ring Set Car $3.00
Balance ShaftEliminator KitTurbotrix.com $44.00
02 sensor $75
HKS head gasket
Revised Lifters $8 each...

Bobby:

hey em... i pulled the motor on sunday night... im just waiting on getting soem stuff to strat it to the pallet... did u get a chance to send that tracking number for the MO's

Me:

hey bobby its Emerson, the guy who bought your motor/tranny, just wanted to know if you got any other parts still for sale, if you could please give me your new number cause you disconnected the last. thanks Emerson.

never heard from him again, i know that there are others on the board that know him, whoever the real person is, next step is legal action and or a road trip, i have talked to someone who has his address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:08 am 

Your the idiot for sending $4000 in a money order.. good god!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:26 am 
1595 cc's of fury

Just sounded odd, My real name is Robert and my close friends call me Bobby. I'm very far from heavy set though and I don't drive a white 4g63t'd Colt...its a red 4g61 mirage. There is only one white 4g63t'd CSM and its a mirage owned by an Asian guy (cant remember his name).

I just wanted to clarify that it wasn't me, I've had this screen name for a while now.

PM me the address and I'll check into it for you since I live in Colorado. Just really disturbing that both my screen name and real name are the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:14 pm 
Some call me a god

yeah, USER NAME messed a couple of my friends up too, he lives in jersey, or mass somwhere.

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:18 pm 
Some call me a god

looks like someone set you up bobby... i think i saw this on bourne supremacy, j/p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:38 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Quote:
looks like someone set you up bobby... i think i saw this on bourne supremacy, j/p
I was like "WTF!". I wish I had $4000. I need to rebuild my motor too. This is just a huge accusation and I just wanted to get the facts straight. I've been on the board for a while now and the only parts I've ever sold (actually I gave them away for free and paid shipping 8) ) were some A/C parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:04 am 

Im sure you could cancel a money order if you wanted. They have fraudulance protection i believe. 4000 for a motor....better be a motor from a reputable shop...Not some joe shmoe. I almost bought a couple motors from online people when i was shopping for the 63, i backed out on all of them and bought one from a local dsm shop in CT. Ive heard too many horror storys of online purchases gone bad.

97 Jeep Wrangler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:37 pm 

It was my first and only online purchase. I was younger, this happened 2 yrs ago. I saved money and lived like a hermit for a year to buy a 4g63t. and then this F*cking id*ot decides to scr*w me over. seriously if he lived closer i'd probly be in jail right now. I allready have my motor out and i am in the process of swapping everything onto my spare block. should be running within a week or two. on a positive note, i recently signed up for automotive training at BCIT (Britich Columbia Institute of Technology) its a 1 yr program and then 2-3 yrs apprenticship afterwards. at the end of the course you have to re and re a motor and rebuild it, im thinking of a 4g63t swap in a dodge colt wagon or somthing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:55 pm 

Post up everything you can about him, and all relevant info, i'm sure we can help ya out somehow, isn't that what this board is for? Two years is a long time, but as long he's around, you can get something out of him.

Post subject: Re: motor siezed
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:54 pm 
CSM Junkie

Opps NVM lol didn'y look at the date sorry..