4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:49 pm 
CSM Junkie

Ive been doing some resurch on the both the 1.6 4g61 and the 1.8 4g67, ive found the heads cams etc on the top end to be the same, but the main diffrents is in the bottom end.

The 4g67 has a smaller bore diamiter for the pistons but a longer stroke to make it a 1.8 and the 4g61 has larger diamiter pistons and a shorter stroke.

Im wondering if that would mean 4g61 pistons in a 4g61 block using a 4g67 crank assy and conrods would mean a increace in over all CC??

any thoughts on if it would work anybody??

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:23 am 
CSM Junkie

a 4g67 has the same stroke as a 4g63 of 88mm. You would in effect be making a 4g67 out of a 4g61. The problem is that with the longer stroke, your piston would peak above the height of the deck and hit the head unless you used special/custom pistons or rods.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:20 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
a 4g67 has the same stroke as a 4g63 of 88mm. You would in effect be making a 4g67 out of a 4g61. The problem is that with the longer stroke, your piston would peak above the height of the deck and hit the head unless you used special/custom pistons or rods.
It will be a bit more than a 4g67 as the 4g61 pistons have a larger diamiter than the than the 4g67 so it will be more cc in theary.

The problem as you say is the piston peeking above the hight of the bore, thats why im wondering if its the throw on the crank or the length of the con rods that make the diffrents?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:43 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
The problem as you say is the piston peeking above the hight of the bore, thats why im wondering if its the throw on the crank or the length of the con rods that make the diffrents?
You would have to run custom pistons with a shorter wrist pin, which would be expensive and make the project totally not worthwhile.

This is the same issue people run in to when they build stroker motors for DSM's. There is something like a 6mm difference in deck height between the 4G63 and the 4G64, so when people use the 4G64 crank in a 4G63 block they need custom pistons, or else the pistons will sit 6mm above the deck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:03 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
You would have to run custom pistons with a shorter wrist pin, which would be expensive and make the project totally not worthwhile.

This is the same issue people run in to when they build stroker motors for DSM's. There is something like a 6mm difference in deck height between the 4G63 and the 4G64, so when people use the 4G64 crank in a 4G63 block they need custom pistons, or else the pistons will sit 6mm above the deck.
Well that put's a end to that ideal before I even start!! :lol: :lol:

I thought it sounded to easy :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:44 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well that put's a end to that ideal before I even start!! :lol: :lol:

I thought it sounded to easy :(
Yeah I was thinking the same thing on this thread and found what motor I have on the elantra which is a 4g67.

Now if the 4g61 pistion would peak above the block, could you use a 61's piston's and rods on a 67's crank? Should that make the differents? I know that the 61's has a stroke of 75.0mm. Just curious because I was seeing if I could turbo the 4g67, and seeing that the 4g67 pistons are flat as a ironing board, that motor would go BOOM even with low boost,lol.