4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:04 am 
CSM Junkie

Im currently in negotiation for a silver 93 Mirage S sedan. The seller wanted 500 for it, only needing an alternator belt. Its automatic with 137K and not a single straight body panel :x

I got him down to 300 so far, if he settles for my offer of 200 and I get it, I'll post pics. Trust me when I say, its not pretty.

-Mike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:55 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
I hope to be one soon. After I sell the colt shell and keep the motor, turbo setup, and dsmlink, I want to pick up a cheap ($500 or less) 4G coupe, no preference on color. We should have a thread on what motor mounts to use for the 4g63 swap!
Mark I plan to actually start making these mounts too once I get my engine in my 4g. If you are lucky enough to find an "LS" 5 speed model they come with the F5M22 tranny and alot of people have good luck with them handling the power of the 4G63T engine. If this is the case you simply reuse the 3 existing mounts on the tranny case and just worry about the mount on the timing belt side.

If you try to go with an older 1g dsm turbo tranny then you will have to modify all of the roll stops and mounts as they don't have the mounting bosses on the tranny case for the mounts.
Ok so I went to the yard the other day and found a LS coupe. It did have the 3 mounts on the transmission, although it was an automatic. Would these mounts work in a sedan? Im also gonna guess that I need that F5M22 trans you are talking about. Correct me if im wrong, but isnt that the same transmission code as a 1G FWD DSM or was that the F5M21?

Lets try to compile some data on swapping these cars using (what I think should be the only way in most feasable situations) by using all OE parts.

Still dont own one but Im going to go into this possible project armed with enough knowledge to complete the conversion without any problems or unexpected issues. (Is that ever possible? :rolleyes: )

-Mike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:06 am 

well mines nothing exciting, bone stock dd. just rolled 150k the other day, still getting 37mpg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:30 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I hope to be one soon. After I sell the colt shell and keep the motor, turbo setup, and dsmlink, I want to pick up a cheap ($500 or less) 4G coupe, no preference on color. We should have a thread on what motor mounts to use for the 4g63 swap!
Mark I plan to actually start making these mounts too once I get my engine in my 4g. If you are lucky enough to find an "LS" 5 speed model they come with the F5M22 tranny and alot of people have good luck with them handling the power of the 4G63T engine. If this is the case you simply reuse the 3 existing mounts on the tranny case and just worry about the mount on the timing belt side.

If you try to go with an older 1g dsm turbo tranny then you will have to modify all of the roll stops and mounts as they don't have the mounting bosses on the tranny case for the mounts.
Ok so I went to the yard the other day and found a LS coupe. It did have the 3 mounts on the transmission, although it was an automatic. Would these mounts work in a sedan? Im also gonna guess that I need that F5M22 trans you are talking about. Correct me if im wrong, but isnt that the same transmission code as a 1G FWD DSM or was that the F5M21?

Lets try to compile some data on swapping these cars using (what I think should be the only way in most feasable situations) by using all OE parts.

Still dont own one but Im going to go into this possible project armed with enough knowledge to complete the conversion without any problems or unexpected issues. (Is that ever possible? :rolleyes: )

-Mike
Mike, you will need the mounts from an "LS" with a 5 speed as they are different than the mounts on the auto tranny. Yes, the NA 1g dsm's use the F5M22 tranny, so do some expo's (1.8 models) and I think the 3g csm's that came with the NA 1.6 used some sort of F5M22 tranny too. The 4 digit code after F5M22 will be different on all of these though, they are all different variants.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:24 pm 
CSM Junkie

Ok, so it doesnt matter if its a coupe or sedan? What about a timing belt mount?

-Mike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:01 pm 
Some call me a god

Here is a pic of my friend Ben, he live in Wyoming and drives a hoopty 3G 4 door with a 4G63 swap. He doesnt post here but he should so you guys can roll like 4 deep 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:13 pm 

Quote:
Ok, so it doesnt matter if its a coupe or sedan? What about a timing belt mount?

-Mike
I have read over on Mirage Forums that the 3g csm turbo/elantra t-belt mount works but I'm not sure. Someone also said they tried it and it was close but not perfect. Once I drop an engine in mine I will know for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:20 pm 

it works...the one that you sold me is sitting in terry's car (miragerunner). its a tight squeeze but it'll work. motor sit fairly flat too.

edit...nvm...his car is a 3g....i forgot we're talking about a 4g here. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:39 pm 

I've got a 4g sedan Evo swap in progress and a 4G coupe (giving it away for free).

Updated pic, I nolonger have the Evo I spoiler on it. Changed my mind and dropped an Evo III. My Sideskirts are shipping today! Whoo, hoo! :supz:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:52 pm 

Well here is the one I bought that I have yet to drive..

I did however get the rear suspension back in this past week finally after sitting for 2months. Just need a new oil pan and fuel pump and it "should" start.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:52 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Ive seen that car on the site, was it for sale in canada? I love that thing, where you located?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:35 am 

I think Chris may have posted it on this site at one time. Car was originally from Vermont but he moved to CO where the car is at currently.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:50 pm 

here's a updated pic of mine:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:57 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
well i know of thse two already...i guessing that others might have one or is going to get one...

o well...next project getting terry's hatch back up and running. :D he needs to get one too.
And now its almost ready to drive! I want a 4g but I just made BIG plans for the 3g so me getting a 4g is going to have to rest til probably fall 09. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:59 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

my 94 mirage with a 95 eclipse 4g swap...

Last edited by bowdown on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next