4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:59 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Could someone help me out..been trying to locate a trans or parts for the above mentioned vehicle..what I really need is the vacuum/solenoid assy that controls 5th gear..seeems to be defective..kicks out of 5th and lose all gears...I think it it is a km182, any help would be greatly appreciated thx Zoran :D

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:48 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
Could someone help me out..been trying to locate a trans or parts for the above mentioned vehicle..what I really need is the vacuum/solenoid assy that controls 5th gear..seeems to be defective..kicks out of 5th and lose all gears...I think it it is a km182, any help would be greatly appreciated thx Zoran :D
I now that I am relatively new to there cars, but why would a 5 sp (a manual transmission) be controlled by any type of vacuum solenoid?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:56 pm 

it's controlled by a solenoid because the transmission is basically a 4-speed with 5th gear overdrive, just like the Volvo M47 tranny. it's just activated when you shift to the 5th position.

as for parts though , unless you can find a parts car, i doubt you're going to have much luck finding that solenoid....

also, don't forget to add your location to your profile!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:44 pm 

Quote:
it's controlled by a solenoid because the transmission is basically a 4-speed with 5th gear overdrive, just like the Volvo M47 tranny. it's just activated when you shift to the 5th position.
Funny, I have never heard of Mitsus using such trannies :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:33 am 
Restricted Newbie

Well speaking of which, does anybody know where there are parts or trans shops that may be familiar with mitsu awd 5spd's? Hey devo you still interested in buying it? If I remember correctly I sent you some pics last year.
thx to those replies. Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:53 am 

How about converting to a "reagular" Mitsu DSM tranny, as found in '92 Summit/LRV or 1G DSMs?

So much of Mitsu drivetrain stuff is interchangeble, that I can't immagine this beeing a very difficult thing to do.

You just have to make sure that tranny/transfer case ratios match your rear end ratio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:12 pm 

not sure yet, but i'm fairly certain a decent amount of fabrication will be involved in installing the DSM AWD transmission into a Colt Vista.

the biggest problem is that the transfer case routes the rear driveshaft over top the front axles, whereas the DSM tranny routes it under the front shafts. so i'm not sure if there will be issues with the driveshaft once the DSM tranny is installed.

my girlfriend and i will be buying an AWD Colt Vista soon, with the intention of swapping the 4G63T and AWD 5-speed into it, so if you haven't figured it out by then, we'll let you know :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:51 am 
Restricted Newbie

yes , devo is correct. the vista awd trans output has a higher centreline then the dsm car versions not to mention the consideration of ratio compatibility in the transfer case and diffs. Hey devo come and get this thing (cheap)..give me a call. Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:39 pm 

Sorry to hijack. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

What size motor does your wagon have? I've found data on the internet that suggests a 1.8 or 2.4 option for 1992 but nothing for a 91.
Any idea on tranny codes for a manual or auto for a 91 or 92?

Thanks in advance for any help,
John