Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:42 am 
CSM Junkie

I am about to find out. Here is the white warrior

Here is the donor

1990 colt 200 gt 4g15= 200 It actually runs good too
92 tsi awd=220 Also runs and drives good (front ender though)
Total cost to date= $420 dollars canadian I put an ad on kijiji hoping to sell whatever scraps i don't use off the talon, that will subtract from the cost. I'm kind of doing a mock grassroots competition with myself. Basically i want to throw the motor and rear end in and go have some fun. This car will just be a fun toy for me to play with so i leave my other vehicles alone. I want to keep it cheap to start (cause i'm off to such a good start, i wanna keep it going) Then in time i will throw thousands and thousands into it.

One other thing i plan to do with this car- I don't want to give ANYTHING away. You see the way it looks in the picture? That's the way i want it to look when i'm done. I'm still undecided on the front hubs yet, if i will use 5 bolt or 4. I might start with a 4 front 5 rear to start, to keep the initial cost down, but it would probably be good to have the talon's front brakes to stop this rocket. I have a set of steel 14 inch 5 bolts, then i can just go score some nice white hubcaps. Nobody will ever be the wiser.

I will also have a cab operated exhaust cutout for that ultimate sleeper effect. I plan to keep a full stock interior, No pod pillars, or anything like that i want it STOCK looking. I just hope the car will make it through the tech inspection at the track.

Any input would be welcome on this project. So far it looks like my main expense will be driveshaft/cv/ and that timing belt mount.

Last edited by pimpy rider on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:09 pm 
Some call me a god

Good price on that talon man... you beat my price by $80. If the car passes a safety it should pass tech inspections no problem, they mainly look and see if everything is secured down and no leaks. Good tires and brakes, and nothing loose in the cab.

I think I am working on the colt this next week on the days off. Let me know, I may be able to stop by sometime if you need some help or advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:10 pm 
The happy administrator

Damn that colt is clean. I love the concept you're working with, good luck!

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:21 pm 
Some call me a god

Looks cleaner than mine....Bravo! And good luck with your secret sleeper project....exciting!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:17 pm 

Add some whitewalls to really make it sleeper. You cant beat a white car, white wheels and whitewalls!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:48 pm 
CSM Junkie

Colt200 Shit yeah stop by anytime! And The colt doesn't need a safety inspection, It's good i drove it for a month after i got it.

Good news i sold a fender and rear tailights for 20 bucks! And found 1.45 under the seats! I was hoping to find some hundreds in there, but no such luck. Total cost to date- $398.55

Did some serious de-construction today
Big Ol pile of parts

Yup it still runs. I even launched it in the driveway. Probably the funnest thing i have ever done with a car. Too bad i don't live on an acreage.
This ONE Harness is the only one inside the car required to run the car. So now i just gotta figure out which ones are needed and what they do. I can worry about guages and junk and what the rest does later. I just want to make sure i half assed know how to wire it up before i rip the motor out. I wonder how much wiring there is to tackle under the hood. Hopefully none but i doubt it. Too bad my stupid hanes manual doesn't have the wiring diagram of the ecu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:55 pm 
CSM Junkie

Ya know. Now that i think of it, i'm almost tempted to go out in the garage and weigh every single part i took off of it with a fish scale, and reverse figure out how much the car weighs right now. Maybe i have already built a 12 second car. (cut the exhaust off right at the turbo and add a manual boost controller) And there's plenty more metal to cut off, i could basically just be driving a floorpan when i'm done. Doesn't a stock motor make 250-300 hp with boost and exhaust?

Of course i don't think i would pass The tech inspection at the track. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:52 pm 
Some call me a god

I so badly want to stop by and see this progress, what are you doing after tuesday? I am off for 6 days then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:32 pm 
CSM Junkie

The colt isn't here, it's at my dad's acreage. I work monday thru thursday , 4 days a week. I just brought this talon from there on friday afternoon, hence me just starting it now. I plan on ravaging everything else from this chassis next weekend if all goes well, then it's off to the metal recyclers (that's why i pulled so much from the car). But yeah if you're around next weekend stop on by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:32 pm 
The Silent Administrator

www.lilevo.com/manuals/ <- You will find 90 DSM and 91 + DSM shop manuals in that folder, so you'll have every pinout I can think of for reference. The stock Colt manuals are also in their and in full pinout form as well. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:56 pm 
Some call me a god

you need to keep the stock cluster if you want to control stutterbox and antilag with dsmlink (if you end up going that route)

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:31 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Looks great, you should move to Cleveland. You will fit in perfect here LOL.

Welder and a dream FTW!!!

87 Conquest TSi, Coilover, huge sways
01 Dodge 2500 4wd cummins (tow rig)
91 Suzuki Samurai (Rock Crawler)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:06 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
you need to keep the stock cluster if you want to control stutterbox and antilag with dsmlink (if you end up going that route)
The stock colt cluster? Any cluster should work as long as the vehicle speed sensor is going to the correct wire, or is there something else that I dont know about. I am curious because I want dsmlink someday soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:01 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Yeah I was a bit confused about that statement also, but I just figured there must be something that I don't know about it. I would think DSMlink would work just fine without any cluster in the dash.. LOL duct tape the laptop to the dash... J/K.

87 Conquest TSi, Coilover, huge sways
01 Dodge 2500 4wd cummins (tow rig)
91 Suzuki Samurai (Rock Crawler)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:51 pm 
CSM Junkie

The cluster is a good question. I am keeping the stock cluster of course. My truck (88 toyota 4x4) Has a 7mgte in it, I did the swap in that, and the stock tach obviously doesn't work (distributorless ignition system and old distributor style have different tach signals, so i planned on maybe seeing if i could swap the tach into my colt cluster. But on my truck the stock 4 cyl speedo also uses a different speed sensor signal, so you have to swap in a v6 cluster to make that work. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same on the colt. I should just swap in all the guts of the cluster if i can, but I'll cross that bridge when i get there.