Sorry guys, let me give you a little perspective for the situation...
Well right now I'm full time school(requirement of my job), and 58 hours a week at work. They are also calling me in this Saturday. In addition my wife is full time school, and she also has 8 hour clinicals 5 days a week(so without my wife working, I have to get mad overtime). Between watching my daughter, taking care of my disabled father, and school/work I have exactly 0 hours to spend on the website.
I need to devote a full 8+ hours at 1 time to it, because if if something major happens, the site goes down till I have time to bring it back up. I need to do it at midnight-6am when the board is at it's least amount of traffic. I have it in the back of my mind to get it done, just need a break in time to do it.
It's not a dabble here and there, or slowly work on it type thing, the site needs to be down while I do it, or posts will be lost.
Status of events that needs to happen:
1. Notify all members of maintenance
2. DB backup (the present database) can take a while. Download backup.
3. Bring site down
4. Clone a few DB's (easy, copy and paste, rename)
5. Import DB (can take up to 4 hours for even a small one, at 25mb per cycle, 30min-1 hour per cycle) Gotta love shared hosting...
6. connect strings from database to website and files
7. Debug, swap between databases(see step 4) to see which model will work best(either 2 DB or 1)
8. Something I probably haven't thought of that will most likely bring me back to step 2 or 3, + hope and pray it takes less than 8 hours.
9. Notify completion to members. Get feed back on the members for any bugs that show up that I haven't thought of.
10. Take care of bugs.
11. Clean up unused files/databases. And hopefully not to go back to step 1.
If someone else wants to import the data base, I have the file, but just not the time/knowledge to do it really quickly and safely at the same time. I always can figure out something when I put my mind to it and buckle down.
I can try to do it Friday, but if I mess up, 4g61t will be down for a week. Otherwise it will have to wait, to when I step down to half time school in August. I haven't forgot you guys, and it's not like I'm going to drop off the face of the earth. I've been here almost 10 years. It's just taking longer than I expected, because of situations I couldn't fully predict.