4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Fri nite drags
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 pm 
I only got 4 runs in and this was the best. I'm not to impressed with the FP hta green that is on the car, as it has not seen twelves; and the prior turbo a e316g saw multiple 12's the best a 12.6. :-?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAYmu8y1 ... ature=plcp

Post subject: Re: Fri nite drags
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Tuned by? Strange that it would be holding you back. More boost, bigger intercooler? How mild/hot are you setup at the mo?

I noticed a certain silver PT Cruiser in there, I'm working on one right now. NEVER change the water pump on one of those, just saying! :ANAL:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:55 pm 
Quote:
Tuned by? Strange that it would be holding you back. More boost, bigger intercooler? How mild/hot are you setup at the mo?
I noticed a certain silver PT Cruiser in there, I'm working on one right now. NEVER change the water pump on one of those, just saying! :ANAL:
Tuned by Paul of course :) , not a real aggresive tune, mid to low 11's a/f with meth. Maybe the cams are holding me back somewhat(FP 1x & 2x), and for sure the boost needs to be turned up-as now running the same 25psi as with the e316g but my profec spec b is maxed out. Kinda scratching my head on this as we thought a 50 trim should perform better at same boost:-?

lol, we just did the h/g on my PT but didn't change the w/p as I couldn't get the better flowing turbo pump and it only has 70,000km's(40,000miles); but timing and tensioner were done. Also Paul ported the head and ex manifold while off and huge improvement with no spiking now :D . Pulls better at steady 15 psi than last yr spiking to 21 dropping to 16 or so.
But yeah, pain in the butt to work on :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:40 am 

Looks like your having the same problem i did when i swapped my e3 16g for a sl2 20g. I made about 30less hp
Was slower all round.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:01 am 
Quote:
Looks like your having the same problem i did when i swapped my e3 16g for a sl2 20g. I made about 30less hp
Was slower all round.
Guess the e316g is a better turbo than we thought :lol: I've gotta find my laptop cord so I can do some logs and find out what the fp green is flowing.

here's a weird pic of my two cars from a back up camera :o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:27 am 
Some call me a god

Did the car lose mph as well?

2016 ram 1500