4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 12.8@121.8
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:33 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Finally took the Summit back to the track again before I have to put it away for the year already. It was possibly the worst track conditions and worst track itself I could imagine. The track (Dragway 42) was plain awful. Zero track prep (had to get out ourselves to water up the tires), dips everywhere in the track, and legit potholes at the turn around at the end of the track. It was a track rental and between like 10 of us and we got the track from 12-4 and it was honestly in the mid 90's the whole time. JP (boostfreak) and Matt with the Grassroots colt came out with some of their non-CSM toys and shared the same disappointing results as me. JP couldn't quite get the busa in the 9's, but clicked off a couple low low 10's. It must have been scary as hell with some of the dips out there.

Anyways I probably ran around 8 times trying to dial everything in. My biggest problem was trying to get the car to shift. My shifter cables are still a mess and can't seem to find the solution. I think every run was in the 13's somewhere depending on how the car would shift. Jp got the only somewhat clean pass out of the car, which was the 12.8 at 122. The car feels a ton faster than what the times are telling me, but I'm sure the fact that I'm falling half way out of boost every time I try to shift isn't helping me too much, not to mention the heat. This is still on drag radials and around 28 psi by the way. Even though I was somewhat disappointed, I guess I accomplished my goal of trapping over 120 for this year, so I'm not too bummed. Next year it's on to the 130's :evil:. Here's the slip...

Post subject: Re: 12.8@121.8
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:15 am 
Some call me a god

Just saw this! Good work, I wish you didnt take the car apart so soon, we were JUST cracking into this car's potential! Also not0 its was about 95 degrees that day with 80% humidity-heat index was like 108!!!

06 C6 Z06- 600whp NA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:41 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
Just saw this! Good work, I wish you didnt take the car apart so soon, we were JUST cracking into this car's potential! Also not0 its was about 95 degrees that day with 80% humidity-heat index was like 108!!!
Yea I know, but the headgasket is pretty much gone due to the head not being flat, so I figured I'd build the motor while I'm in there and have it sitting around all winter. I'm already looking forward to spring though, can't wait. If the turbo doesn't sell I'll just throw it on and see how it likes big boost.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:32 am 
Some call me a god

Love it! You know it will never be slow with team Colt around! :)

06 C6 Z06- 600whp NA