4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:19 pm 
Some call me a god

So I am in the market for some new drag radials. My Falken Azenis 615's are definitely not drag strip tires.

What all do you use for DR's? BFG and Hoosier seem like the main choices. I have used BFG, but not enough to know how much better they work then street tires. I have a pair of worn out ones I'll be using this weekend. But I wanted some incite as to what you guys are using, what size and such. Thanks! :drinkers:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:10 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

I'd say just get a set of slicks and forget about the DR's. The guys up here have used every type (Nitto, Hoosier, BFG, etc) with nearly identical results. Mostly 1.9-2.0 60's and still blowing the tires off through third. With some good driving and a lot of pedalling, you may be able to pull off high 11's. There have been a couple guys with fwd's get into the mid-high 11's but not very consistently. Not to mention the DR's seem more prone to wheel hop, torque steer and a pure white knuckle ride. Anyone who has tried both DR's and Slicks will tell you just get a spare set of cheapo rims and some slicks and call it a day.

If your determined to get the DR's, the Nitto's are just a hair better than normal high performance tires, cheap but really just a glorified street tire. The BFG's seem to be very consistent and most run the 205/50-15's, you could also try the 225/50-15's to get a little more rubber on the ground and taller gears. John has the Hoosier's in a 225/50-15 and he also had trouble getting traction through third. He was pulling mostly 2.0 60's and running low 12's at 130+ mph...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:54 pm 
Some call me a god

hmmm now you have me thinking... I just placed an order for some M&H ET street radials, but I could get some 14" slicks for about a hundred more. I'm not at a super high power level now but I would like to pull some decent times..