4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:09 pm 
Some call me a god

We got to the local 1/8th mile early, so early in fact that the track hadn't been prepped completely yet so we were anxious to go run. i ended up being the FIRST car to run in the laft lane. at the 600 ft mark my oil filter decided it wanted to take a walk and spun off a couple turns, dumping 4.5qts of royal purple all over the track. (they were pissed) ran a 8.6 at 90. (missed 3rd)

had my brother bring me some oil and a filter, topped it back off, degreased it and ran again.

best of the evening was a 7.94 at 94.5 mph with a 1.91 60ft and a .036 reaction time.
i was racing my buddy in his 76 camaro with a 468 bigblock and some fat slicks, he ran a 7.77 at 89 mph, but my holeshot ate his lunch.

by nhra calculations (1.57 for e.t. and 1.25 formph) i should be running 12.3's at 118.

i have trapped 117.6 with an 89mph 1/8th mile trap. so i am thinking closer to 121-122mph.

car is an o.g. colt gt turbo, with eagle/wiseco bottom end. STOCK cams, head, intake, with a 20x6x3.5 intercooler on a pte bolton 60-1 with internal gate at 25psi (thats what the boost gauge shows) i am sure my intercooler is a big cork, as well as the head package. i have all the speed parts and new intercooler ready to go on, but i wanted to get my 7 before i took the car down for upgrades and maintenance.

on 22x8x15 slicks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:14 pm 
2nd Banana

Nice man, that's fast! What's your setup?

Time to start safety-wiring that oil filter in place to keep it from spinning off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:42 pm 
Some call me a god

set up is as follows.
dsmlink
2gmaf
60-1 with stg 5 wheel, internal gate
eagle/wiseco bottom end
act 2600 on streetlite flywheel
tre/frankenstein 90 fwd dsm trans, with welded front diff
3" exhaust
950cc injectors
stock head
stock cams
stock intake and tb

25/26psi on 116, intake temps to the turbo were 2-3dg above ambient, out of intercooler i couldn't even touch the charge pipe. i was running racegas to keep knock away while i was maxing out my elec boost controller and running the timing the car wanted.

i have done ZERO weight reduction. raceweight with me in it was 2780.

i have a set of crower 280 cams with gears, full valvetrain, another head to port and a venom intake manifold (the big fatty, i know, i got a good deal on it)

so after this i will be able to rev to 8000 rpm before i shift and not 7k, and man does it run out of breath there.

if i took the time to take seats and other unnecessary crap out i could maybe lose a couple hundred pounds, but its kinda comfy.