4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:34 pm 

well didnt do the best but not bad by any means was spinnig hard in fourth and was getting some pretty good knock up top also the car weights 2685 (full interior car )
60ft 1.88
1/8th 8.17
mph 89.17
et 12.56
mph 111.86

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:25 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Not bad, add another Colorado CSM to the list of 12's or faster! What boost and timing were you running to cause it to knock? Some more seat time and some more tuning and that beast should easily crack the 11's and some 120 mph traps.

Now if Steven would just let his balls drop and get his car into the 12's, that would mean 6 CSM's will have run 12's at elevation, 3 of them with 1.6L's.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:29 pm 

im not a 100% sure what the timing was as my laptop died the car only has about 30 miles on a new motor and boost was at 28 and was blowing them off all the way threw 4th

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:37 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Quote:
im not a 100% sure what the timing was as my laptop died the car only has about 30 miles on a new motor and boost was at 28 and was blowing them off all the way threw 4th
Street tires?? Don't you have an LSD?

Also if on street tires, Davis and I have both learned that turning the boost down netted MUCH faster times. At 28 psi, my best pass is a 12.2 @ 127, turning it down to 24 psi put me at 11.93 @ 129. Davis was also at 23-24 psi when he ran a 11.69 @ 129 w/ 1.8 60'. Might be worth a try if your spinning so bad, we were having the same problems only with one tire trying to put us into the wall at 100+ mph.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:42 pm 

yup slow boy lsd and the runs were on slicks in 4th we were seeing over 4degrees of knock plus it was spinning hard i think 120+ traps are there just need some more tunning and seat time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:58 pm 
Some call me a god

Congrads....Don't knock to much on the new motor....If you need a driver hit me up but i do have to start charging for my services.... :tongue:

I love wheelspin i ran bobby's car with 205 55 14's crappy nitto drag radials talk about wheel spin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:45 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Nice run man!! It looks like we may be good competition for each other, if you're up for it? I'm old, but I think I may have ran a 12 something. What turbo are you running?

I'll make this quick,
Yes professor booby I concur, on this platform sometimes less is better.
Here's the formula, 8) + [-o< = :finga:

Mr. Pinky Hollwood, I'll pay ya, I can drop a jackson, if that's enough for you to lean over and get this grandpa wrinkle out of my britches...sucka!!

largo vive la pequea blanca tortuga

Last edited by Crusherbait on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 pm 
Some call me a god

Jason has the arm on the actuator tightened up pretty tight. And we were not running any vacuum source to the actuator. So the turbo is running wide open.

I did a quick tune and got it close before we went to the track. We got up there and it was running 17-18* ignition timing and 12.8-13.4:1 ratios on the wideband. This is an E85 car. It did not knock before we got up there with the street tires. Anything above 5500rpm in third and fourth gear netted 4* of knock or more. So I pulled a degree and started adding fuel. We could only get two or three runs in before the computer would not take/hold a charge. We tried charging it with the honda, but after 30 minutes it only got to 10%. At 6% it would shut off.

So there is some work to be done with the fuel and timing. It was pulling all the way down to 12-13* timing. And was still in the mid to high 12's on the wideband. So tomorrow the plan is to take it out on the slicks and tune the big end. The car 60 foots and 1/8th's like a mofo. But just was taking a huge dive on the big end. It was only picking up 22mph on the last three passes. That is what my car does.

And before we pulled some stuff out of the car, it was 2710 with driver. So he is by far the heaviest CSM around here. Car still has a functioning A/C.

We were down to 12psi in the slicks at the end of the night. He cut a 1.80 sixt foot on his last pass. But we think anything under 14psi in the tires hurts him up top. He went 12.5@111 with 14psi and ran two 12.6's@110 with 12psi. Jason was very consistent actually and was running darn near AWD numbers.

However, there is more we can do. Two big things to get the car over 115mph. Finish the tune and better and more consistent burn outs. On all five passes the car did completely different things on the burn outs. Plus it was Jason's first real time and test with the slicks. So that will be a key for us as well. He did very very well considering. If this was 12 months ago we would have been thrilled with a 12.5. But as fast as this car really is, we were hoping for a high 11 and expecting a low 12. And were certainly expecting 115-120mph.

So, not bad for an engine that had all of its miles put on it driving to the track, first time on slicks and just some in general shake downs on a rough tune. Oh well. With his weight it is probably only a 12.1-12.3@116-119mph car.

But he needs a stiffer suspension. His car leans back like mine on a launch. But, Jason's car is a street car and I don't see him changing that any time soon. It does not lean like mine, but not stiff like Bobby's. And I won't change mine as I am only interested in big mph numbers. But damn if it wasn't awesome watching his car hook. He was 60 footing and 330 footing everyone last night. The car just comes out of the hole like a fruit and banana rocket. Pretty sweet watching a FWD car shit and get like that. Just have to find out why it is not playing nice on the back half. Plus, we still need to do a boost leak test as that has not been done. And we are sure the throttle body shaft seals need replace.

All in all, there is a little left in it. Too bad it is so heavy. The car is just way to scary and fast for only being a 111mpg car. Baby steps.

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:18 pm 
Some call me a god

His car should be runnning low 11's not low 12's...His car is only a couple hundred pounds heavier than bobby's..Also bobby's car stiff lol ok it has stock awd springs and cut springs up front ...Sorry but quit with the excuses steven you sound retarded right now...You tell me and bobby jayson car feels so much faster than bobby' car jayson' is 24 mph slower down the 1/4 mile on 2 more psi...These numbers look like 16g numbers..

Jayson i have alot of respect for you but i can't stand when steven makes all these excuses...

P.s. I cut better 60' with more psi in the tires try 15psi to 16psi hot i cut 1.8 60' with shitty drag radial this way.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:38 pm 
Some call me a god

Well it feels fast. But numbers don't like. fruit and banana you man.

So I only ran 13.0, what are my excuses?

Bobby is damn near 500lbs lighter. And I am a solid 300lbs lighter.

I did not make any excuses. I stated everything to a tee that you guys should know. The car feels insane. But that could just be the 2.0L.

Glad you slam me on someone elses car and driving. Great. I wanted you all to be there and get a feel of what we went through.

We wish it were faster, but again, numbers don't lie. His car and mine both pick up 22mph on the back half. He puts .25 on me in the sixty, .3 at the 330, .4 at the 1000ft and .5 in the 1/4. He just gets out of the hole. But there is just no top end. Hope we can figure it out.

With Bobby's unsprung weight, his car does not rock like ours. Jason could benefit from stiffer springs. That was the only thing that was remotely close to an excuse.

You guys run faster. Nice. He held together, drove it home and to work today. That is all that matters. I guess I am retarded for being slower and sharing our story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:33 am 
1595 cc's of fury

My car is now 380 lbs lighter than Jason's...not quite the 590 lbs it used to be. But the important number is that its about 15% lighter, odd thing it the extra weight has only made the car faster, possibly due to more momentum between shifts or just added traction from weight. I really don't know but Davis was almost 250 lbs heavier (9.6 % heavier) than me when I ran a 11.93 vs his 11.69 and we were both running 24 psi.

Davis can be a dick (love ya bud :wink: ) but I can see his point about you making a rather long post with "excuses" for someone else's car. As I said before, I think it could have all been summed up with more seat time (one can always improve) and more tuning. Now back on topic whores. :finga:

I agree a suspension would help a little but I don't suggest anyone follow my example, I spent $42 on junk yard AWD struts and springs and cut the front springs to get it to sit level (I'm cheap). Far from a superior suspension but it works. I'm honestly a little baffeled that it was having such bad traction problems in 4th with the slicks and an LSD!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:33 am 

well if i we can throw a good tune on the car and get some other bugs worked out steve davis or bobby your more then welcome to give it a shot i will see if we cant get up there this Wednesday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:28 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Why not just run a safe tune for a while, 11:1 AFR, turn the boost down and learn the car... from what I understand the car has a nice set-up with tons of potential. It would be a shame to burn it down thinking that an extra 30-40 hp from a super tune is going to take a second off of your ET.

Davis wasn't bs-ing above. A guy made a nearly identical run with a 16g at 19psi (yeah, what a sissy) open diff, slicks, 10:3 AFR on e-85, anti-lag on. Now that poor soul has his hands on a 20g and has since installed a tranny with an lsd. I'll bet it's going take him months and months just to relearn the car on a base tune.

Regardless, that's a great run man, just make the knock go away and have fun!! See ya at the track.

John

Last edited by Crusherbait on Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:47 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Quote:
well if i we can throw a good tune on the car and get some other bugs worked out steve davis or bobby your more then welcome to give it a shot i will see if we cant get up there this Wednesday
I can't speak for Davis but if you really want me to run your car I will. Truth is every car is different and seat time is really the only thing that will seriously improve your performance. Ask Davis, he didn't just hop in my car and bust out an 11 second pass, that was probably the 30 th pull/pass he had made in the car over a week and that is still a very short period to learn a car.

Definately don't get down on yourself and start doubting what you and your car can do, you will only feed that doubt and get worse. I know once you get the tune dialed in and as everyone has said, turn it back and learn the car at a lower lvl first, you will start seeing drastic results.

I definately didn't go out on my first pass and put up huge numbers, yeah maybe on the slicks but that was after two years with this turbo and similar set up and ton's of runs getting used to the car with drag radials.

I say get the tune worked out at around 24 psi, then go back to the track, do a wicked big 2nd gear burn out and try to relax and have fun. 11's are right around the corner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:24 am 
Some call me a god

I agree with john and bobby the whole reason we all race is to have fun...I just know there is so much that car could do low 11's are very do able...I hope you didn't take my comments to heart jayson i got nothen but love for you...Your still trying to figure out your new set-up like bobby said it will take sometime and getting use to...I jumped in bobby' car and it took me at least 10 pulls to get a good feel of it but once i figured out what the car like it just performed...Like they said start at 24psi get feel and once you get comfortable crank it up...Not trying to tell you how to tune but be safe set the af around 11:1 and timing around 19 degrees and give her hell...

P.s. Jayson i would be happy to take it down the track ( I'am the self proclamed 60' King) but i have all the confidence you will learn the car and tare shit up...

P.s.s. STEVEN :finga: Drink that in.... :drinkers:

Davis