4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:16 am 
Banned for being a dick

what kind of weight do u think u could get a colt down 2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:49 pm 
Some call me a god

I think 1700lbs is possible. Actually, just take a look at the one dudes up in canada with the huge wheelie bar. That thing can't weigh any more than 1800lbs. Its basically a motor with wheels, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:06 pm 
CSM Expert

how light was brads? cause that thing was pretty much stripped... i think it had an engine, a seat, a rollcage, and gauges mounted on a pseudo dash.. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:26 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Link to Dan's Colt from Evolution Tuning This is what SpinMasta11 was referring to I believe. This is another page back with front shots too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:25 pm 
Banned for being a dick

what did that thing run?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:39 pm 
The Silent Administrator

The TB shaft bent or something to that effect. It still went 12's/13's ? coasting the rest of the way. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:45 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
how light was brads? cause that thing was pretty much stripped... i think it had an engine, a seat, a rollcage, and gauges mounted on a pseudo dash.. lol
Last time is was weigh in compitition it was 2212 with a 200# driver.

96 Mitsu Eclipse GS-T
www.ongreenperformance.com
"Just like in the old days-More Horse Power means more crap to pick up-lol"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:51 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Like corey said, the last time in competition it weighed in at 2212lbs with him in it. He did get it down to 1950lbs without him in it actually. He had a full dash, just nothing underneath it except all the wiring. There was quite a bit of weight reduction to that car cause we talk about it all the time. You can probably make a 4g CSM lighter, like lancerman and boostfreak have. Those cars don't have all the mid section and rear paneling like the colt turbos have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:29 pm 

Quote:
Spinning is gonna drop your trap speeds cause you aren't going as fast as if you hooked.
You are 100% wrong. when spinning you can get into the higher gears sooner and will more likely have higher trap speeds. A good 60ft will net a lower trap speed in most cases.

90 Dodge Caravan 2.5 turbo (14.1 100mph w/slipping clutch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:23 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
You are 0% wrong.
That's more like it :lol:
Quote:
when spinning you can get into the higher gears sooner and will more likely have higher trap speeds. A good 60ft will net a lower trap speed in most cases.
WTF kinda logic are you using? So if i spin the car goes Faster? OH MAN LET ME GO PUT MY RADIALS BACK ON! Please explain the physics you used concerning spinning vs. hooking cause maybe you're on a different level than me. Yeah you can get into higher gears sooner according to the tach but it doesn't mean shiit if you don't build any speed. There is a fine line between "spinning and still moving" and "spinning and going no where". I assume you are refering to the "spinning and moving", which I agree you can get some good traps out of that cause your car is on the verge of hooking. But if you are spinning and sitting your traps are gonna suck it, and take a good guess why that would be, cause you don't build any speed.

The reason trap speeds drop with lower 60' times in a lot of cases is because you have less time to build speed.

If you want I can send you a video tape of a honda and its progress of obtaining lower ETs and high traps. Car starts off with a damn good biasply drag radial, but he blows tires bad, runs decent times, decent traps. His 60' drops slightly as he moves to a slick obviously but his trap picks up 12mph and he drops close to a full sec in ET. This is 1/8th mile BTW. Car does not undergo any tuning or suspension changes and makes the same exact power with both sets of tires, 500whp. Explain that one bucko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:34 pm 
Negative Nancy

If spinning is directly related to trap speed, then i should of trapped close to 200 mph on my falken radials. :o :finga:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:06 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Wheelspin usually inflates mph but in my case not going to wot till 3rd gear and still spinning I think slowed me down.

I tihnk the car would have more mph If I could of floored it sooner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:14 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Wheelspin usually inflates mph but in my case not going to wot till 3rd gear and still spinning I think slowed me down.

I tihnk the car would have more mph If I could of floored it sooner.
It can inflate traps but it depends on the setup. Some cars will drastically lose trap speed from spinning, others may gain. Theoretically the car is not moving as fast as the tires are, traction is lacking, so if the car had traction it would be moving as fast as the tires are. That equates to more acceleration. Now with trap speeds there is a time variable that directly correlates with you trappin higher or slower than if you hooked. That is, say you are barely spinning, so obviously your ET is gonna be higher, but the car is still moving out. So does the cars ability to accelerate by barely spinning overcome the lost ET? If so, then yes the trap will be higher. If no, then the trap will be slower than what it should be. RWD cars can spin but since they have physical properties that allow them to hook better than most FWD cars they can still spin and actually acclereate. This is probably what most people think of when they say spinning equates to higher trap speeds, but if you spin too much it'll be junk. The threshold is very sensitive because of the time dependency and people need to understand that. But in theory the car is gonna move faster if it hooks than if it doesn't hook, there is no arguing that whatsoever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:48 pm 
CSM Junkie

Ive seen the ET vs. MPH thing work both ways, but I'll tell you what...I run 1.5 sec slower on street tires vs. slicks, and identical MPH. There are too many variables to make assumptions that more wheelspin will give you more/less MPH in the traps...wheelspin just gives you an 'elastic' type of pull and changes how you load the drivetrain/how much time you spend in certain gears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:53 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Yeah your car is fairly light so maybe you are making slightly less than 350. Spinning is gonna drop your trap speeds cause you aren't going as fast as if you hooked. My car does not accelerate when boost comes in during 1st gear. Sounds like you might be pushing some coolant from the HG letting go. What did you torque your ARPs to? Hopefully you can get it squared away and make some solid power and trap some mid 120s on pump, I think you can on that setup. Keep us updated on your progress.
I trap nearly the same on street tires and slicks. Spinning for the most part only hurts ET. I know this from years of experience (same with 8 valve prick). We're not pulling this out of our ass here.

Spoolin-thanks for the plug. :)

As far as your traps, yes, they seem a tid low, a few things for you to check-

Have you ever had to car on a dyno, or do you have a way to check AFR's on the street? If not, do so and get the fuel right. If you dont, pick up an AFC so you can tune the pig.

With the amount of air you are flowing (and such little boost) you will be fine bumping the timming up some. Try 8deg adv. Keep eye on the knock.

@18psi, your probably in the low-mid 300's. The 35r wheel comes aliv3@21-22psi+, so expect to crank it up a bit. I woudl want to see 20psi at the least if I were you.

Dont get discouraged-your set up is prime to make oyu a ledgend ont he Highway. The BFG's will hook better as they mature. cam2 (110)Race gas and 28psi will make an oddly easy and reliable 5xx whp for you, especially if you take it to 8k. (turn the timing back to 5 for this though :)) This should net you near 130mph traps or more. Done be afraid to turn it up!

You have a secret mod waiting for you in your PM inbox also:)

06 C6 Z06- 600whp NA