I set my new best 1/4 mile time at Empire Dragway last night. Latest mods include a Clutchmasters FX-600 twin disk that I installed four hours before driving to the Shootout this year, and a Coolingmist CMGS ver# 10.7 that I installed about a month or two ago.
The temprature dropped from 80 into the mid 70s and it was sunset when we arrived at the track.
I made ten passes:
1&2) to finish off the last 2.5 quarts of pump gas I had in the tank. (I know this, because I had just poured two gallons into my tank on the side of the I-90 with semis whizzing by, exactly 34 miles from the track.)
3) was immediately after I added 5 gallons of Sunoco 112 race fuel firstname.lastname@example.org mph.
4) I missed third gear and ran a email@example.com.
5) I screwed up the launch (2.49-60') that netted me a firstname.lastname@example.org.
I dialed in for bracket racing at my previous best of 11.86...
6) I jammed the brake at the finish line in the first round running an email@example.com mph.
7) I ran firstname.lastname@example.org for the win.
8 ) email@example.com for the third win.
9) Semifinal run was a heartbreaker. He got the holeshot on me by .204 and beat me to the finish line by .166. I ran within 7 thousandths of my dial time, and lost.
10) The car was running great, I wasn't picking up any knock all night, so I decided to hang it out a little further before they sent us all home.
As a bonus, I picked up my second trophy this week.