4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:22 pm 

Finally got back to the WSID with my AWD Cyborg and ran a PB of 13.5@104m/h.

Had a mixed night thanks to a stuffed engine mount I didn't know I had until the first run. Launched fair ordinarily and then on the shift to second the engine lurched because of the broken mount and second gear was nowhere to be seen. Ended up getting a 14.2@99m/h but still chomped a R33 Skyline:D

Second run was better and got a 13.8@100m/h. Think thats the one I beat a 4G63 PWD GSR (white one) but he got a quicker time than me.Still won though

Third run I think was a 13.8@100m/h or their abouts still not getting the launch right. Got beat buy a 200SX . He did a 13.3 or something like that.

Forth run, I crapped up the shift between 1st and second due to the engine mount but this was still one of the funnest runs because I beat a brand new 285Kw Club Sport Same as what you Americas call the new Pontiac GTO). And the bogan even had the advantage of a one of the most hardcore Mullets I have ever seen!!!!!! (sorry if their are any guys here with mullets)(sorry about the Aussie terminology there). That was a fun race. Only got a 14.2 though.

Now my best run of the night come after a bit of discussion with Chris (owns a VR4). I was running 16psi most of the night but Chris said I could run more so without any testing I wound it three times on the bleed valve. I don't think we will ever know how much boost I ran for that run. Somewhere between 18-20psi! Thankfully it didn't lean out and I got a PB of 13.5@104m/h. with a 1.83 60'.This was very close to a perfect run for my car. I slipped the clutch well and just rammed the gears home. Not bad for the basically unmodified Borg.

So in the end I was pretty happy with my run although a little bit inconsistent over the night.

I found that I improved my 60' times greatly since the last drags. I knocked .2sec off by slipping the clutch more, builds the boost up better.

Anyway I'll post up some video soon, maybe tomorrow when I get time.

GO THE BORG!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 am 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

Nice run. You're ET's seem a bit slower than I would think, but that could just be the AWD drag. Now you'll have to change your sig. ;)