4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:26 pm 

Due to a lack of time this thread comes in a little late.. I was in Cyprus in July/August, but better late than never right. As some of you know, I got my Colt as a holiday car down there. Around 39000 miles on the odo :o Car was owned by an old lady before, she "fell down a hole with the car" as she said (I still have absolutely no clue how she managed to dent the rocker that badly), never garaged.. Cyprus sun is equally strong as Texas/Cali, meaning the clear coat was gone, dash is cracked in several spots, interior trim is faded and the seats look as if they have ten times the mileage on em. But I don't mind, the car was free :)
Every year I go down there there's always some new things that breaks.. Last year I did some tlc and went yarding to find a set of JDM Mirage turns. This year someone had hit the bumper so it fell off. Put it half way on and enjoyed the sun:

Having had the car for five years now, the car started to irritate me with all its dents. So I went yarding and ended up with this in an afternoon. PO had bent the fender/rad support behind the headlight, took some work to get it all decently straight (headlight sagging because of broken tab). Also wired up the side markers..

I enjoyed it for a couple of days but decided it should be one color. Now, if the hood and the roof wasn't clear coat damaged to hell and back I would only have painted the new parts oem silver. But I decided it was time for something new; red primer it was

All mounted up

Out in the mountains :D

Very happy to have a straight car for the first time :)

I'd like to source new air intakes for the front bumper (where the turns are, also got the turns from the JDM Mirage at the yard but they're pretty beat), gonna get the rest of the bumper trim sprayed and mounted too. And maybe throw coilovers on it if I feel like it, would like to pick up a rwd Mighty Max for the camping/beach/mountain trips and keep the Colt a cruiser. Until next time :partyman:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:47 pm 
Nice work=its looking good!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:54 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Interesting the antenna mount is on the right side Apillar/roof panel versus where ours is on the RF fender near where the Apillar starts. Rear headrests is a nice touch too.

You've put in a whole lot of work there!

Bet you smile every time you drive it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:19 am 

If someone's got a 'Colt' rear tub they wanna get rid of, I'd be happy.. Thinking a rhd edm Colt with Mirage turns/side markers and USDM Dodge Colt rear tub with short edm/jdm bumpers and maybe some wheels is enough to keep me happy some years more until the roof falls apart.. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:26 pm 
The happy administrator

Exact opposite of a Colt I once had, it was black with a red primer hood. :lol:

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd