4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:27 pm 
Some call me a god

So I've been debating selling the mirage, sort of want something else, want to gauge interest. Where to start...

89 Mirage sedan-
originally 1.5l 8v, 3sp auto, 140k on the body, was originally silver

Mods-
Engine- 91' 6 bolt 4g63, has less then 9k on a full oem rebuild, all maintenance stuff replaced with oem parts, bs removed.
B16g (ported inlet and wastegate), 1000cc pte injectors, bolt on fpr, 255hp intank, gm maf, fmic w/ 1g bov, civic alum radiator, 3" dp

Transmission- 91 GST tranny, unknown mileage, shifts great, has a scratch downshifting to 4th sometimes, but nothing shifting up. F1 stage 2 clutch, fullface kevlar disc, 2100 pp, Fidanza flywheel, turbo mirage axles, fresh 75w90 and syncromesh fluid

Tuning- ECMlink v3 w/ maf cable, tuned at 24-25 psi right now, very conservative and safe tune. AEM wideband for keeping fuel trims in check.

Suspension/wheels- 1g awd springs on AGX shocks in the rear, 1g awd springs cut 1 1/2 coils on KYB oem 1g shocks in front, both less then 7k on the shocks, accord wheels modified to fit and painted black with ok tires, a couple sets of stock sized wheels, 2 205/50/14 Mickey Thompson DR's with less then 400 miles of street use, couple track visits.

Body- Very recently painted a pearl white with RM base/clear. Body is straight, has dents here and there and the paint isn't perfect but looks good from 5 feet away for sure! NO RUST!! This is the cleanest 89 sedan I've ever seen.

Interior- Probably the worst part of the car. It needs to be redone. If I keep it that's the next order of business. I would replace the carpet, and re-upholster the seats. The door panels also need to be redone, the carpet is coming off. The dash is clean, one small crack starting at the clock area, bezel is good, has a tach cluster. I put a JVC cd player and some nicer speakers in the front. I also have autometer oil pressure, water temp and boost gauges.

The bad- Needs a ball joint I believe, rear shoes need to be changed (or swap to a disc setup), I recently had alternator issues, had my headlights cut out and slightly swiped a gaurd rail while trying to get over. Not very much damage, mostly paint scrapes (I have a qt of paint and all needed supplies). I can't fix it now as it's too cold, won't be a hard job though. The rear hatch latch is messed up and I can't source one. Needs a full exhaust, open dp right now.

The good- This car has been really reliable for me, made it 1200 miles round trip to OH for the shootout and I even ran it 3 times at the track. It runs awesome! Pulls hard on the highway where you can get traction. Best time at the track to date is a 13.005 @ 115 mph. I pull a couple lengths and hold it on a 2g that runs 12.2 so that tells you the potential. It's an awesome sleeper, no one has an idea what's inside it and it always draws a crowd at the track.

PICS-

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff, I've put a ton of time and effort into this car.
I know I'll regret selling it if I do but let's see if there's any interest. :-?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:27 am 

Nice car man! What kind of front bumper is that? What kind of car is it made for?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Nice car man! What kind of front bumper is that? What kind of car is it made for?
Impreza front bumper. I forgot to add that most of the parts have equal to or less then the engine's mileage on them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:13 pm 
Some call me a god

Here are some pictures of the damage.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:31 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
Impreza front bumper. I forgot to add that most of the parts have equal to or less then the engine's mileage on them.
Did you oder the front bumber?
If so, where?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:51 pm 
Restricted Newbie

what are you looking to get, or did I miss the pricing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:51 am 

damn!!! the car is F$#@%!'in SICK! i love it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:39 pm 
Some call me a god

I didn't really post an asking price, I have quite a lot of time, work and money (over 6k) into the car. So go from there and make an offer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:39 am 

what year suby is that off of man just out of curiosity? and GL. with sell that thing is freaking beautiful man!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:28 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
what year suby is that off of man just out of curiosity? and GL. with sell that thing is freaking beautiful man!!!!

This is a 95:

Sucks that you are trying to sell my friend. G/L

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:19 pm 

what is the price?

consider trades plus cash?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:43 pm 
Some call me a god

I've decided to keep it at least until spring, it might be getting a 60 trim and a radiator switch as well as the body fixed back up and interior finished. But who knows, for now I've decided to keep it.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]