4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:35 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Another crazy tale for you all, I woke up one morning to my "87 colt vista being stolen a few days back, and then I went John Wick :twisted:...
...:lol: kidding of course, but this was a giant surprise for me, I would never in a million years have heard of such a blasphemy, anyone who owns a colt vista as old as mine stolen from their driveway, but it gets better the person that stole my vista only had it for an hour before he got tired of it, and he ditched it on the side of the road... and not just anywhere ether it was outside of a junkyard :) [one that I happen to frequent :D ] and immediately after exiting my car [Note: This is according to eye witnesses that were there] he broke into a customers Honda civic, that was in the parking lot of the junkyard and peeled away in a hurry, oh but it gets even better :lol: the owner of the junkyard recognized my Vista, and he called the police for the civic owner, :lol: the thieve left some of his belongings in my vista too, or maybe other stuff he stole[it was 2 backpacks and some of my belongings were in them too]

The junkyard owner was wondering If I went rogue or something, thats what he said when I went down there to retrieve the vista [ He did not see the events happen, he just was alerted by customers, and they were all pointing at my vista too :lol:] we had a good laugh over that.

Now this man that stole my car has got to be a tweeker, or on some kind of substance, if you are a real thieve, and your risking going to spend hard time behind bars for your crime, then logic says you'd want to steel a more exotic car then a colt vista :lol: and even if your a low time crook a civic and a corrolla typically have your attention all day long, and I live in a town with fart cannon Honda's, and my neighbors own a civic, Integra, accord, Corolla, Lexus's, you name it they have it, and most importantly it's worth more then a colt vista :lol:.

I guess even a tweeker eventually realized it was not worth much and ditched it, but still he must hold a record somewhere for the longest time a tweeker/car thieve has driven a colt vista...
...before realizing it's a colt vista :lol:
he also stole most of the spare change in my ash tray, and thats about the extent of his damage maybe some gas burned but it was only like 25 minutes away.

Well the good side to the story is I got the car back without having to pay a tow yard, and yes I turned the tweekers belongings [aka loot] over to the CHP.

If anyone else has a good theft story I'd love to hear it.
I'm really glad I got the vista back, not because it's worth anything really, just the sentimental value, and I hope the civic owner gets his car back as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:22 am 
The happy administrator

That's pretty crazy. I'm more surprised that they tweeker knew how to hotwire a vista.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:32 am 

Quote:
That's pretty crazy. I'm more surprised that they tweeker knew how to hotwire a vista.
its easy if u watch alot of tv... u reach under the wheel and grab the wires.. take the 2 allready stripped ones..tap them togeather then twist them together... and that automatically unlocks the locking wheel and everything else LOL...

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:23 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I think he must have used a clone key or something, there was no broken glass etc.
I can now pull my original key from the ignition after the car is started, so I think he must have jammed a key into it and got it to start, I plan to tear the car down throughly to see if hot wiring was involved.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 am 

Lol.... My work trailer was stolen from the front of my house one night and i assumed gone forever but it turned up a couple days later parked downtown Vancouver.
I live in Mission which is about an hour and a half away.
Anyhow, after going to pick it up from the tow yard , I came to realize that it was full of shit. All my tools were still in it and it was packed with other items as well.
Cordless drill, crate of tools, harddrives, pos system, side tables, clothes, ipod, amongst other items....
Long story short..... police didn't want the stuff, nor did the RCMP. After hanging on to the shit for 3 months i went through it all and kept any good things while also finding out along the way that it would appear that whoever stole the trailer simply needed a way to get rid of all their junk.

Why, you ask?

Well, it seemed that the douchebags were involved in an identity theft scam with blank cards, software, pos system, computers.

All in all, it was a pain in the ass but ended well.