4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:24 pm 
CSM Junkie

Ok, so I can't believe come this August/September it's been 2yrs since I've driven my colt. Since moving into the house, school, famiy and among others which has eaten my free time. The colt sat quietly in the garage after one time at the track, breaking the equal length drivers axle in half on first run :( Never getting a real time. Just spectated the rest the time till my spare axle came and changed it at the track. Then clutch problems I soon switched over to the truck, which I only wanted to drive for 6 months to work on the house, which has been almost 2yrs driving the truck. Well, I finally let the car bug take hold of me again! The colt just sat in the garage, catching a glimpse every now and then. The last couple weeks I've been working on it. I had to drop the tank and welded in a fitting for the return line, since the place was closed for AN fittings lol, but my way saved me money and it worked! No more leaks at the return :) It actually feels great to work on her again. I miss driving stick and something fast! I'm waiting on the pressure plate, some new front strut mount hardware and some axle seals. Have some welding to do to extend some IC piping over the frame rail to center the radiator. I made some custom seat rails for 1g dsm seats which I have to weld new studs on the floor so I can bolt the dsm seats in. I'm really pumped lately to finish this. Excited to try out my custom shift knob I made, dsm piston shift knob :) I made a post on here if anyone is interested in buying one? Well, Summer is here and well I said it last summer, but missed out. I guess I'm just writing this to make a motivator for myself. Just seeing if anyone else out there was in the same boat as me? Sucks just letting her sit out there, but at least she still purrs beautifully! I'll have the Pressure plate this wed and hopefully rest by end the week. Fingers crossed this solves my clutch problem and I can drive her by weekends end and no more truck!!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:47 pm 
The happy administrator

This is the year for CSM rebirth! I recently pulled my 63t, fixed it up, cleaned it, redid some things, got my suspension all figured out, and now she runs perfect, just waiting to get my tires mounted and she'll be on the road for the first time in nearly 3 years. :supz:

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:08 pm 
CSM Junkie

Nice to see I'm not the only one. You close by illinois? Be nice to see another colt. I've only seen my friends, but h sold that and funny driving the colt months later that same guy in a different vehicle stopped us to look. Yea i've been quiet on here last years. Just kinda linguring here and there looking at builds. It's nice being back on here! Yea, i hope to be driving my colt soon like you. Sure would beat driving a pickup. I just didn't want to be one those guys who's car never leaves the garage. :)