4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:20 am 
CSM Junkie

Ok, so come this Nov., It's been one year since we bought the house. With the whole slow process of remodeling, while living here and going to school. The busy schedule has delayed me from working on the colt. I just have to drop trans and put the comp fork and ball in. Being a perfectionist, When I drop that I have to change out the driver axle again, and replace the strut top hat. I'm going to re-weld the intercooler piping to go up threw the wheel well and center the radiator. Summer semester has taken it's toll.

With that being said, my parents have an old riding lawn mower. I've thought of it before, but think I'm going to pick it up. I've been looking into it and been wanting a toy. I figure the riding mower will be my platform. I'll pick it up maybe this weekend and go from there. I've been looking into it. Looks like it might be a fun project. I need something to work on that's small project. A welder and the opportunities are endless, should be fun!! Anyone build any go-carts? I'm thinking after stripping needless parts, lower seat, extend frame with motor in the back and using the stock colt wheels I have laying around haha cheap but fun project is what I am thinking.

I miss working on my colt, and It's been a year since I've really drove it :( coming on here reading posts and seeing the new builds motivates me.. I hope to finish it before fall.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:22 am 

I used to be big into RC cars back in the day and always wanted to make a huge RC car out of go-kart parts. One day I saw a power wheels Jeep beside the road for trash pickup and thought to myself, that would be awesome because they look so realistic. I loaded it up and it sat for a long time while I gathered ideas but it seemed there was never any time to mess with it. Finally my brother and I got together and built it. For a first time deal it turned out really nice, I was impressed. I ran it a few times and it always drew a crowd and the people watching couldn't believe we actually built it from scratch. Sadly this was 5 or more years ago and I never did finish it completely. I always wanted to paint the body and make it look nice. I'm sure I'll dig it out again one of these days but for now it sits at my mom's tucked away in her garage with dust all over it.

Little projects like this are fun and very inexpensive compared to cars. I've seen modded riding mowers online that actually go fast, people even race them. I know some people have mini tractor pulls or drag race with them too. With anything else it'll be more fun if you can get a few others interested. Post up some pics when you get it home and keep us updated on any progress you make. I'll try to dig up some pics of my little Jeep too.

Edit, here are some pics:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:16 am 
Some call me a god

Nice Jeep! :rock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:24 am 
CSM Junkie

yea that's inspiration right there!! I never got into the rc cars, my friends mom's bf long time ago was, that stuffs expensive! Yea, ill for sure put up a mini build on this discussion if it goes quickly. I might be in your shoes of it taking a while, figuring my colts been down for a year. Im gonna pick it up this most likely tomorrow, since today was my last day of summer class :partyman: I've seen the race lawn mower's, but im thinking of cutting what I need extending the frame, and welding together the back so the motor is up high and using some big wheels in back(maybe the colts stock ones I have and some skinnies in the front low.. ha, ill decide once I lay out the metal try get an ideal, iv searched online and have some ideals, should be fun....and your right smaller, cheaper fun little project