4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:43 pm 
CSM Junkie

With a few things going on in my life and a general loss of interest about 10 months ago I sold my colts. (93 4g63t awd van and awd 4g63t swapped 90 hatch. I decided it was time to move on.
I've been okay, I guess dealing with withdrawal fine. But it's been getting worse and worse lately. I'm on classifieds constantly. I think I want to buy an evo1-3 and daily drive it and love my life again ( for a few weeks then the modding begins. Evo3 comes at a premium. Can anyone remind me of the differences between 2 and 3 again ? Besides body kit and pistons turbo. I know it has the best tranny with double synchros and doesn't it have an LSD front diff?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:54 pm 
CSM Junkie

I feel your pain man!! Iv been without my Colt since Oct 2012... Iv been so busy to even work on her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:38 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

been 2 years without a CSM :x . hating life. But a motorcycle and a Mazdaspeed3 make it feel better. I just don't have any room in my driveway, or justification for the old lady to let me keep one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:30 am 

Quote:
been 2 years without a CSM :x . hating life. But a motorcycle and a Mazdaspeed3 make it feel better. I just don't have any room in my driveway, or justification for the old lady to let me keep one.

buy one and park it at my place lol.. but I do have to reg it in my name here hehe

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:51 am 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Quote:
or justification for the old lady to let me keep one.
:(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:59 am 
CSM Junkie

Hey, keep in mind my four years rebuild without road pleasure 8)
This beauty is not finished and my sante is very low, i'm tired about that ...

@ pimpy rider : Look for a Evo3, chassis and motor are better !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am 
CSM Junkie

My daily drivers don't stay daily drivers for long. I am still undecided but I think I am more leaning towards building up my 1980 colt as a full on street legal race car. Awd for sure. Probably automatic. Use a solid axle like catapult to save weight. A 1g colt could possibly get pretty close to 2200 lbs or so with 4g63 and awd. And classic plates don't hurt either. We all know having a heavily modded car as a dd is never a good idea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:16 pm 
CSM Junkie

Probably the best 10 months of your life :supz:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:32 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Quote:
Hey, keep in mind my four years rebuild without road pleasure 8)
This beauty is not finished and my sante is very low, i'm tired about that ...
Have faith! Blind faith! :prayer:

I'm supposed to go to the track for the first time, April 20th. Race with my buddy (70's Camaro (turbo, small block Chev motor and lots of squirt) and a stripped /gutted bone stock 200X Grand Prix GTP; we all went to college together.
I'm going to confirm my boost level (15 psi) and take the car prepped only with a new rad, and 195/65 14" tires. If it will shift high rpm into third, then it's all okay. I cannot install everything to support the EVO3 turbo in time for this timeline, let alone the big green bumper! Should be finishing all that soon enough afterwords. This season, it all has to go on, or BUST! :supz:

To pimpy, you made your rides work in such short order it was almost astonishing. You'll find what drives you again, just be safe and have fun.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:18 pm 
CSM Junkie

Yeah the more I dig around it seems like there is only one first gen fwd colt that has been swapped. And nobody's done awd? I would prefer fwd cause its lighter but its just way cooler to go awd for that real sleeper effect. That and the fact that it isn't as common. I'm bidding on a salvage 95 tsi awd auto so if I win that that's what I'll be using. I have everything already to build it with but I really want auto this time so I can race competitively

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:34 pm 
CSM Junkie

Build thread coming soon! Won the auction. 1000 bucks is not exactly a deal but if it runs good its still going to be a cheap build. This build will take a long time it won't be like my first awd colt. I have 2 kids now so I'm sure my marriage wouldn't survive if I was to put in some 14 plus hour weekend days on the colt. Ill be lucky to get in 14 hours a week on it. And it's supposed to be a much harder swap.