4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Ken Towery SUCKS...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:28 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Ok, I'm sure not EVERY Ken Towerys is bad, but I had a HORRIBLE experience today... I just bought a new set of rims today, and dropped them off at 2 P.M. to have new tires mounted and balanced. So I bought a set of four new tires and they said they would work on those in between appointments, but should only take about 2 hours, and they'd call me when they are done. So, I waited. And waited. Keep in mind I had to be at work on these new rims and tires at 6 pm. They finally call at 5:30 P.M. And this is completely understandable, I get that its busy sometimes and people get behind. I go to pick up and pay for services and tires, the bill came up to $980... For four new tires at $100 each, and mount and balance. Looking into it, they said I asked for eight tires. So after about ten minutes of going back and forth, me saying to remove it, and them claiming they couldn't cause they ordered the tires from the warehouse and couldn't reimburse me. I finally say screw it, I'll just take to four extra tires cause at some point I'll need them. Only to find that the four other tires had been "forgotten to be ordered with the first four." After that, they immediately apologized and removed them from my order. So, I'm just slightly dissatisfied at this point, as I'm 30 minutes late to work, but I would go back. That is until I started think about how much my final charge was. I had just paid and hurriedly left to try to get to work as soon as possible, but I realized that $580 for four tires just to be mounted and balanced was a little much. So I checked my receipt. They charged me for a 74.99 alignment... When I didn't even bring a car into the building. Now, I have to go back tomorrow and ask for a reimbursement of that. Until then I'm shorted $75. Ohhh and my bank won't clear the $400 back from the reimbursement of the four tires I didn't ask for, for three days. In summary, I'm temporarily short $475 just because they charged me incorrectly, I was an hour and a half late to work, albeit I was going to be late even if this didn't happen, and that's at least understandable, and now I have to go back tomorrow and ask once again for a mistake to be corrected.

Post subject: Re: Ken Towery SUCKS...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:33 pm 
Negative Nancy

sounds like they played you for a douche.. Wouldnt happen with me.. fruit and banana those people.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:52 pm 
Some call me a god

Good to know to avoid that place!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:44 am 
The happy administrator

I quadruple check every receipt I get from places. Those that have met me know that I'm pretty laid back but if I was in your situation, I would have thrown the biggest shitfit they had ever seen. I wouldn't have left until they paid ME!

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:21 am 

Which Towery store was it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:58 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Located in Mount Washington, KY.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:05 am 

That explains a lot! They're probably all snorting oxys in the tire room while not busy. I'm originally from Shepherdsville so I know what goes on around Bullitt county!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:14 pm 

I've never even heard of these guys but if they ever come to NC I'll know to go somewhere else. Props for keeping your cool though and I hope they give you the $75 back without a fuss.