4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:57 pm 
Restricted Newbie

The lancer has been leaking a bit into the drivers footwel for a small while now so i said i'd finally go at it today thinking it would only take me a short while. Turned out that the sleeve over the wiring in the inner wing had cracked allowing the water to get in, so plenty of electrical tape and silicone sealer just to be on the safe side and 3 and a half hours later i finally finished
The only thing i must do is adjust the bumper on one corner slightly tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:08 pm 

good find...most would replace the door rubber before looking there...

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:46 pm 
Some call me a god

duudde...i had the EXACT same problem!! Every time it would rain i would get literally a 2in deep puddle on my front driver side floor. finally i got sick of it and did a little testing to see where it was coming from. i laid upside down in my drivers seat and had my girlfriends dad pour water all down my windshield and door to see where it was coming from. i saw it where it was coming in and it was like a waterfall! lol. it was coming in through the harness that goes through the fender and into the car. so i pulled the fender (PITA!!!) and the big grommet for the harness was completely dry rotted and missing pieces. Any water that ran down my windshield and went between the fender and hood would end up inside my car. To fix it i did the exact same thing you did...massive amounts of E-tape and clear silicone. ever since then my floor has been dry. Unfortunately the carpet is already ruined and needs to be replaced. but hey no more vacuuming out my car on rainy days :ANAL:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:07 pm 
2nd Banana

I have a feeling this is happening on my car as well. I get water leaking into my driver and passenger footwells, and I also get water leaking into my rear hatch. My car is like swiss cheese.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:50 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
I have a feeling this is happening on my car as well. I get water leaking into my driver and passenger footwells, and I also get water leaking into my rear hatch. My car is like swiss cheese.
Me too. Mine puddles up on the other side of the footwells though (i.e. on either side of the centre console, not by the door), so I think my problem is a bit different.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:00 pm 
2nd Banana

I don't get puddles, I just notice that the carpet is always wet after it's been raining.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:29 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Unfortunately the carpet is already ruined and needs to be replaced. but hey no more vacuuming out my car on rainy days :ANAL:
My carpet was fine but i took it out to clean and left it in my parents house and my father threw it away. I can't find a carpet anywhere now to replace it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:46 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunately the carpet is already ruined and needs to be replaced. but hey no more vacuuming out my car on rainy days :ANAL:
My carpet was fine but i took it out to clean and left it in my parents house and my father threw it away. I can't find a carpet anywhere now to replace it.

Oh man that sucks.