4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 811 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:34 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

wow went over gsx's house and didnt invite us to come party! WTH lol I wanna move up there and have you guys do the awd swap on my mirage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:26 pm 
Some call me a god

Its an ohio thing.. You arent cool enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:02 am 

Its gonna be a while b4 any more updates. Craig's computer took a poo poo and he is going through some tough $$$ times right now if I can I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again John for bringing that junk up. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:31 am 

can i move to ohio? i heard there are some hott women out there. here in baltimore they are all white trash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:26 am 

Sure come on up! My goal in life is to have all the turbo colts in Ohio by the time I die.Not really

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:51 am 
2nd Banana

Quote:
can i move to ohio? i heard there are some hott women out there. here in baltimore they are all white trash
LMAO

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:49 pm 

LOL, didn't even know this post was alive. Yeah things have slowed down a little. I have not been in the garage for the last few weekends becuase it has been like -50 degrees outside and even my heater in the garage has a hard time keeping up with that.

I did start to make my custom hood scoop. I have never tried to work with fiberglass and really have no idea what I am doing, but I figure the only way to learn is to try it.

I ordered a new left side axleshaft from moser this week to replace the bent one. And also ordered a new Enkei rim from summit to also replace the bent one.

I pulled the motor out of the old colt and cut the winshield off the car (glass was getting everywhere).

I think this weekend I am going to try to tear down the tranny and take alook at the synchro's as the car was getting a little pissy about shifting right at the end of the season. I have also came up with 2 decent ideas for a poor mans dog box that I might look into trying (at least for 2-3-4 gears).

I still need to get the turbo rebuilt and buy new fuel lines to get the car at least to the same set-up it was last year. I would like to buy 4 BFGdrag radials and buy 4 Rota J-mags for the car, but at this moment I have 52$ to work with :) . I think I have some more stuff to put up on ebay.

Speaking of ebay I think I am also ready to sell my old ladder bar set-up. So PM with intersts. I have a couple of saved PM's from when I mentioned it before. It will include the ladder bars. I will cut the lower bars right off the cage so you get the entire susp mounts and the axle mounts (though I cut them off with a tourch, also I will throw in the track bar with mounts and hiem joints. I would like to get 200 dollars for the stuff. This is not a for sale thread, so don't reply to this. If you are interested just PM me.

I will try to post some more pictures, but it is kind of a pain to use this laptop (the one I use in the car). So I will wait untill there is a picture worth posting.

As for anybody coming to ohio, like you need us as a reason to come? SHOOTOUT!!!!!!! is only 6 MONTHS AWAY!!!!!

As for updating, sorry I have not been on here I just don't like this computer. I have to sit up all straight to type on it. I am a hunt at peck typer and the laptop computer does not have a light up keyboard like my PC has so I can't see the keys (LOL).

I really just came on here today because Ray told me about some T-shirts for sale and I wanted to check them out. I have not found the topic yet (I will) and noticed this topic had been updated.

I will try to keep this updated and whatnot or just have Ray do the posting. I am hoping to have the car out this summer and don't see any reason why that will not be possible. Though I am not sure weather I will have the money for the parts I want to put it into the 9's IE: bigger turbo and drag radials.

So anyway back onto my quest for Colt T-shirts...

87 Conquest TSi, Coilover, huge sways
01 Dodge 2500 4wd cummins (tow rig)
91 Suzuki Samurai (Rock Crawler)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:28 am 

OK, here we go again. I got a new hard drive for my PC. I held out so long thinking I was just going to get a new PC, but I just don't have the cash....so anyway. Here is a big update on the car...cars.

First here is the OLD colt.

I took the car completely apart a few weeks ago and snapped some pictures of the process.

damn!

yeah.....damn.

check out the twist.....

this is the spot weld on the passanger side at the rear of the door opening...wow!

this is the left side A pillar. Looking at the breaks in the dash you can see how far it pushed in......

left front susp...notice the ball joint and sway bar link...

hmmm....what to do...what to do?

ahhh...the wonder of the sawz-all

and more

I got the dash out, and look at how much the cross bar behind the dash bent.... No wonder the dash had so many broken things in it

wow..

tweeked metal behind the dash...the cowl sump..

well time to get out the torches......

:) :) yup...they work

can you say gas mask???

And thats the end of the old colt.....loaded it up on the trailer and hauled it to the dump......

And onto the new car.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:39 am 

OK here is the stuff on the new car..

Well I wanted to start tacking in the rear axle, but could not do it because I had to make sure the pinion angles were correct with the drive shaft, but I could not put the driveshaft in becuase I did not have a driveshaft mount to put it on. I could not make a driveshaft mount becasue I didn't have a T-case to mount the driveshaft to...this continues all the way through the drivetrain....so

here is the motor set in the car..

Here is a picture of the rear motor mount that was questioned on the old car......
BTW...this is the same motormount from the old car...the one that made 100 or so low 11. high 10 second passes and the survived a 100mph multi tree accident. In the words of somebody I know "SHITS PROVEN YO!" LOL

another one

Front shot

Driveshaft and mount.....nothing is bolted in yet and I can still make adjustments.

This is the starting piece of the watts link axle location I am going to use. I debated on this for a long time and think I made the best choice to use the watts link style set-up.

I didn't take any good pictures of it, but I completely removed the rear frame (what a suck arse job). Here are the pieces left over. I would guess I removed 40-50lbs of metal from the rear of the car.

And below are just some cool pics with the axle in from a few differant angles.

getting there....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:47 am 
Some call me a god

Oh my lordy.....where have I been while this was going on???!!!

Good job!! That actually looks pretty tight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:23 am 

Thanks,
I forgot to mention. There is a lot more photo's of the old car and mabye a few of the new car in my photo bucket album.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/GSX_1998/

Oh and I have also been building a scoop out of fiberglass for the car. After having one scoop melt.....my 2006 shootout scoop for those that remember, and having no scoop last year I figured something had to be done. But I have been unable to find a scoop I liked so I figured I would try my hand at building my own.

I read that you are supposed to vacumn bag them so I made a vacumn bag and built a pump out of a old 12v tire pump. Thought you guys would get a kick out if this. BTW it worked really well.

I'll try to post actual pictures of the scoop at some point soon.

the pump....

the catch can

the fully air tight bag...AKA a folded piece of plasctic with a bunch of crap around the edges..

LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:28 am 
Some call me a god

Poor man's vacuum bagging ftw :P
Car is looking good, I really like the cage and rear suspension setup. Have you guys upgraded anything in the 8.8 or plan to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:51 am 

Yeah belive it or not I finally did a axle upgrade to it......

I put new axle seals in it :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, it is stock. New axle from moser to replace the bent one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:49 am 
Some call me a god

looking good! glad things are comming along smoothly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:06 pm 
CSM Junkie

I have a question? I read all your post and I'm very impressed with the work you did. But I want to know is the gear ratio form the 8.8 fox body rear diff the same as a 1g awd subframe? Does the soild rear axle affect the way the car performs lauching wise vs the indepent rear subframe from a 1g? The reason I'm asking this is because next fall I'm swaping my 93 Hyundai Excel from fwd to awd with a built 4g63t (which currently has a stock 4g63t) in it. I really want to bring my car to the shoot out so I really don't want to start the project now.

I love your work and you are doing a awesome job with the colt and hope to see you at the shootout this year. Well you can't miss me I be there with a red hyundai and my buddy from NJ is coming too which he also has a 4g63t hyundai excel hatch back. So keep up the good work and updated pictures.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 811 Next