4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:23 pm 
CSM Expert

Well I decided the carpet in the Project car was shot I decided to get a replacement from JCWHITNEY.COM It said it was all preformed and ready to be dropped in I decided to order dark gray on the web site it looked similar to the gray carpet I already had it wasn't even close very dark.. But nice. Preformed? I guess it was sort of there was alot of laying it down and flattening it out but one thing they did not do is "Pre cut" the Carpet I had to cut out holes for the shifter, EBrake, Seat rail mounting points, Seatbelts and the edges of the carpet overhang the rest of the car by 3-4" there is a ton of trimming to do to make the carpet work properly you probably need to speed a good 2-3 hours doing it. Its a good idea to keep you old carpet to use as a template (I didn't) and have a very good strong/sharp utility knife (Again I didn't) as for the results it looks quite nice but just time consuming. Pics to come...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:46 am 

yes, some pics please. that would be great because my carpet is so very dead. the previous owner (who will remain unnamed, AHEM) used to carry around a lot of parts and stuff in it, so there are grease-spots and stuff all throughout the car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:17 pm 
CSM Junkie

What did that cost you, Berserko?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:18 am 
Some call me a god

Yeah how much was it and how thick is the carpet. The carpet on mine looked like it was flooded, anybody know how much would an upholstery shop charge for replacing the carpet and labor assuming i would take most of the stuff out except for the driver seat?

Edit- i just looked on the website and they were $160, but i don't know how much shipping would be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:31 pm 
CSM Expert

Yup $160 USD and about $15 or so for shipping it was descent...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:37 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
Yeah how much was it and how thick is the carpet. The carpet on mine looked like it was flooded, anybody know how much would an upholstery shop charge for replacing the carpet and labor assuming i would take most of the stuff out except for the driver seat?

Edit- i just looked on the website and they were $160, but i don't know how much shipping would be.
Since you are in cali I would suggest checking the junk yards. C50s are plentifull and you can find nice carpet pretty easy. I paid $12 for my carpet a few weeks ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:41 pm 
4g61t Delinquent

the carpet in the GS i had was prett nice....but no one was interested when i tried to sell it....."well i want carpet from a c50" f*cking bastards!

-Paul

For those 10 months or less... I'm broke...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:25 am 
Some call me a god

wow only $12 dollars for the carpet from the yard?? that will be my next goal when i go to the yard, gotta find a good one though. thanks for the tip