4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Kumho Ecsta
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:49 am 
4g61t Delinquent

Quote:
The ECSTA 711 is the High Performance "summer" tire member of Kumho's ECSTA performance tire family. The ECSTA 711 was developed to meet the needs of many of today's sports car, coupe and sedan drivers by blending dry and wet road performance with value oriented pricing.

The Kumho ECSTA 711 features a high performance tread compound that is molded into a directional tread design. The tread design features stable independent shoulder and intermediate tread blocks to provide dry road handling while a continuous center rib enhances handling, reduces noise, and helps promote even tread wear. The ECSTA 711 radial's wide circumferential and lateral grooves team up to enhance wet traction and reduce the risk of hydroplaning.

Internally, the ECSTA 711's twin steel belts are reinforced by nylon to provide long term integrity under high speed conditions while a polyester cord body enhances ride quality.

The Kumho ECSTA 711 tire's styling features subtle black letters. Kumho ECSTA 711 tires are available in 55-, 50-, 45- and 40-series; H-speed rated sizes for 16" and 17" wheel diameters (as well as a W-speed rated 225/40R18 Size).

i had recently bought the Kumho ECSTA 711's in 195/50R15.....and damn...im well impressed with these tires....i bought them from a local shop for $50 USD each mounted and balanced out the door!!!! :o so thats a damn good deal since everyone wanted $70 USD out the door. ride comfort improved ALOT over my old 185/70R13's and H*LL of ALOT better than my 185/60R14's keep in mind this is all with blown front struts!! handling of the car went way up also....keep in mind i have stock suspension also. and the road noice.....is very very minimal. compares to my monster truck tires i had before(185/70R13's)

all in all....this is a good tire for the price. and if no one carries them. tirerack.com has them for $37 USD each. :wink:

- Paul

For those 10 months or less... I'm broke...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:36 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

i had the same exact tires on my last colt ( :cry: now at the impound yard :cry: ) they were super soft. two fatty burnoffs and those puppys were toast. i guess thats my fault. all in all they were great tires for the money. I bought four news ones mount and balance for $300. they cornered great too.

1990 Talon TSi
1995 Crown Vic
1993 Ford F-250 BBF
1987 Chevy Sprint Turbo