4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Strut Tower Bar
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:50 am 
Banned for being a dick

Strut Tower Bar

OK here is what I just found out. A REAR strut tower bar from a 2nd gen Eclipse will fit the Mirage 89 turbo model and non turbo models.

Yes it will work on the front strut towers and on the back strut towers. No mods required, no fabricating required. It comes with two bolt flanges just bolt in tighten down and drive!

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:51 am 
CSM Expert

LIES ALL LIES that cannot work... Must I post pics of all the reasons it will not work? The distance between the bolts at the front and rear are TOTALLY different the front are at least a 1.25 inches further apart because there is a big bearing in the way. so if it fits one end without mods hey thats great as for fitting both ends check your facts before you post because its not possible. At least with out making mods its not possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:51 pm 
Banned for being a dick

So I guess your also one of them that does not believe that an AWD Mirage can be built out of AWD Eclipse parts?? Would it not make since that if the AWD rear subframe lines up and does not need to be shortend then I would have to say that I can deduce that a rear strut tower bar will also work, RIGHT???

Umm last time I checked in the service manual of the AWD Eclipse and the Mirage Turbo the rear end width is .7 inches difference being the Eclipse is wider, .7 inches in nothing to make adjustments on the strut tower bar nut. Both cars have two bolts for the strut towers in the rear on each side. Why do I feel like I am talking to a brick wall?? Tell you what I will snap the digitals today plain and simple.

Some people are like horses you can lead them to water but you cannot make them drink, even when it is right in front of there face. Others are like stubborn mules heels dug in and do not take change well at all.
Next time I find something out I think I will just keep it to myself, instead of sharing, seems some do not like others who wish to share, can you guess who that would be??

I thought being a returning member to the Mirage community I would share what I had seen work when it came to strut tower bars, I thought this board would encourage people to help one another, instead I get a moderator of this board slamming me stating he refuses to accept that it works and demands proof, well you just stepped in your on doo-doo! Pics will be up today, as soon as I figure out how to post them. It is truly obvious to me you Beserko as a moderator is not interested in helping others on this board.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:42 pm 

Here is proof that the 2nd gen Eclipse rear strut bar will fit. I am planning on making the front work as well. I'll post pics when I get that done. I've had a 2nd gen Eclipse as well as 4 1st gens. This is my first C/M/S. MysteryMan was refering to this car.

Now, where there's a will, there's a way. No reason to say it will never go until you've tried. I just picked this car up yesterday and will be performing the swap of a 4g61t in the next few weeks.

I'm not sure if I want to continue on being a member of this board. With the attitude of that moderator being the way he was, why should I be here helping. I've been around DSM's for a VERY long time. I thought a moderator was supposed to help and encourage as well as keep peace? :-?

"Why punish thy self, when you can punish thy toilet laddie."

"You can sleep with your car and you can sleep with your girl, but the car will never leave you."

"Haul arse till you see God, then brake!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:23 pm 

Calm down guys. I've known Berserko a long time. He is just trying to keep disinformation at a minimum. If the application fits your pictures will bear out your claims.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:16 am 
CSM Junkie

the brace will fit front and rear but you need to make custom strut cups for the as ive done it :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:37 am 
CSM Expert

I said you can't put it on the front AND the rear they stated it would just bolt up which is lies it need several mod to be made to work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:56 pm 

While I appreciate everyone wanting to verify or deny that this works. I am going to lock this thread.
I will unlock it when mystery man (or c5golfguy) has the pics of a strut bar that fits right in. (PM me when they are ready) Otherwise I am going to agree that the rear works, but the front has yet to be proven.

Gazzer, if you got the front to work, please detail the custom cups you made, or send me some pics. I see that you said the same thing berserko, so same for you if you can.

I encourage debate, but this forum is for parts and their applications. That being said I am going to clean up the posts in here a little bit. Hope no one minds. PM me if you think a post I delete has pertinent info. thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:15 am 

I am going on vacation for over a week, so I am unlocking this post. If anyone has anything productive to add, please do so.
Happy turkey day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:22 pm 
CSM Junkie

heres the pics
as you can see ive had to get the cups custom made then i welded the brackets on then painted it, it was easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:11 pm 
Voted off the island

well well

i am working on a group buy for some front strut barshttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2444674021

here is a pic of it i was told it will fit and it looks like it should fit so if anyone knows if it really does fit i got a guy who is making me up a group buy let me know

Thanks

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:08 pm 

Quote:
well well

i am working on a group buy for some front strut barshttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2444674021

here is a pic of it i was told it will fit and it looks like it should fit so if anyone knows if it really does fit i got a guy who is making me up a group buy let me know

Thanks

-Jeff
I should know in the next week or so that it will fit. I would hate for everyone to buy those and they not fit. I'm assuming from looking at it, you would need to drill one of the holes out to make it a just a tad bit larger. That's my two cents. :cheers:

I suggest one guy buying one and seeing how it works out first, before the entire band wagon jumping in on it. I am willing to do it, and if it doesn't fit, then f' it! No big deal!

"You can sleep with your car and you can sleep with your girl, but the car will never leave you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:51 pm 
Nobody Important

I have that EXACT SAME bar that I also got from ebay.

There was a post regarding it already, you only need to grind the holes a little bit wider apart and trim some of the middle ring.

I used this really cool dremel bit I got at the wally-mart. Would have taken about an hour for everything but I sorta killed the bit and that last little bit went really slow.

Best upgrade for the money hands down.

-paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:27 am 

Quote:
I have that EXACT SAME bar that I also got from ebay.

There was a post regarding it already, you only need to grind the holes a little bit wider apart and trim some of the middle ring.

I used this really cool dremel bit I got at the wally-mart. Would have taken about an hour for everything but I sorta killed the bit and that last little bit went really slow.

Best upgrade for the money hands down.

-paul
Wow?? :o :o It's amazing, there really is a way to put strut bars on the front and rear with little to no work. You would think that someone knowing everything there is to know about the suspension would have been able to figure that out.

Now, let's get a group buy set up and I'm in. WOOHOOO! :CHEERS:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:28 am 
CSM Expert

Its not a bolt on would you be pissed if you were led to believe something was a bolt on an wasn't. Going back a couple year on this forum there has been tonnes of that sort of information. I'm trying to stop the spread of misinformation. This bar needs work done on it to make it fit all i said was in stock trim it cannot and will not fit the front and the rear PERIOD.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next