4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:39 pm 
Voted off the island

ok i am working out the group buy right now i will post price and shipping once i work it out :>

Thanks

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:08 pm 

Quote:
Its not a bolt on would you be pissed if you were led to believe something was a bolt on an wasn't. Going back a couple year on this forum there has been tonnes of that sort of information. I'm trying to stop the spread of misinformation. This bar needs work done on it to make it fit all i said was in stock trim it cannot and will not fit the front and the rear PERIOD.
Yeah. thats why I posted pics on the rear, huh? Oh yeah, I forgot. You know everything there is to know! Dood, you need to get laid! Chill the fruit and banana out! I'm tired of your attitude on every single post. You are the crappiest moderator I have run across.

"Why punish thy self, when you can punish thy toilet laddie."

"You can sleep with your car and you can sleep with your girl, but the car will never leave you."

"Haul arse till you see God, then brake!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:49 pm 
CSM Expert

It might fit the rear without mods hey thats great but it won't fit the front without mods like the original post eludded to...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:39 pm 
C5, you have to remember that as a Moderator, Tim's role is to help control the spreading of wrong information. And as he has stated, the original post (intentionally or not) made it sound like you could use the same bar on both front and back with no mods, . This statement was made in two seperate posts. As you found out for yourself, this is not correct. The bar can be used front and rear, but you have to make mods to it.

If you read through old posts you will see that there has been a bit of wrong information posted about what does work and what doesn't concerning suspension mods, which explains Berserko's frustration with the subject. Hopefully, you will be a little understanding of that. One of the primary goals of this site is to NOT become another typical message board where you can't find a real answer. In order to do this, people are going to have to be able to accept criticism. Good or bad.

Don't take this as an indication that your research and findings aren't appreciated here. On the contrary, you will find that it is much appreciated, even by Tim. On that note, I personally would greatly appreciate it if you summarized the information you have found and post it seperatly in a how-to format so that I can place it in the archives. I would like to see you receive the credit for this, and that's the best way to accomplish that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:05 am 
Banned for being a dick

Ok I go away for Thanksgiving and this string got unlocked wow look at the level of passion flying around here all over a strut tower bar. Well plain and simple there are two bars that work, one you guys new about and for some reason many seem to reject for the front because of minor mods needed. Well when your dealing with a car that is 13years old I expect to make minor mods to make something work since this was a limited production car.

As for the strut tower bar in the rear I can see that no one ever posted anything about it until now, so for over 11months you guys debated on what would work and what would not on another thread under suspension mods. I cannot understand why no one went to a auto parts store and checked out the strut tower bars on hand to see what might fit, so for 11months nothing but talk and no action.

Well you now have a DIRECT BOLT ON strut tower bar for the rear that you did not have before. Yes it is from a DSM 2nd gen. I have no clue if a 1st Gen will work or not, I guess someone needs to go find out.

As for this bar fitting the front of the car no it does not and I stated if I am wrong I would admit it, and so I have. The other bar is the one that needs minor mods to fit.

As for Bersrko, I do not have to like you to post on this board and to be honest your way of dealing with a bad post is wrong so yes you give a bad rebuttle you will get bad in return. Instead of calling someone a liar or acting all cocky as in your Fog Horn Leghorn routine you could have addressed this issue alot better. I reacted the way I did because of the way you presented your response and since your a moderator I expected alot different approach then a personal attack. So with that in mind I hope you choose to respond to posts in a different way otherwise I think myself and others that I have spoken with will not be particpating as much on this board in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:00 pm 
CSM Expert

You don't need to like me but when you make a posting please post all the facts instead of making a blanket statement which was out right wrong. And yes 1G bars do fit I had posted that over 6 months ago and Dr. Colt had posted that well over a year ago we both said it needs minor mods and we posted what needed to be done. Mods are ok but state it needs to be done don't lead someone with less experience down the road they get a bar and all of a sudden they would be like why did you say it fits when it doesn't maybe they wouldn't have the tools to undertake those mods. Researching alternatives is a way of life on this car I understand I'm on the same team you are. But I please ask you to present all the facts so someone can make their own judgement weather they feel this mod is worth their while.

Post subject: communication
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:03 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Two wrongs don't make it right. Berzerko, the guy may have been wrong about one thing, but he was right about another. Berzerko, the guy admitted he was wrong, but you said "lies" as in plural- that was incorrect as well. If you won't admit you were wrong, I will tell you, you were wrong too. I'm sure that the original poster would have appreciated the professionalism and respect that I just showed you by not using inflamatory dialog. This board would not be a very cool site if you were the only person on it; if you keep disrespecting people it may begin to run people off- that's the price of disrespecting people. Maybe you don't care, but I would like to keep anyone who is at least trying to contribute with new ideas. Besides; if "let the buyer beware" applies in a paying situation (I know it's "let the seller beware" legally in most transactions) then people really need to "trust- but verify" if it's free info.

2006 RR Sport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:26 pm 
CSM Expert

Ok maybe I was in a bit of a crank when I wrote the orignal note but i get sick and tired of people posting incorrect information. its very tough, I try to verfiy as much of this info as I possibly can for accuracy. It get very frustrating at times... I like to have the most accurate information possible...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:48 am 
CSM Expert

ATTENTION @ ALL:

This is the parts review forum. Please keep conversation to a minimum. Open up a new thread in "General Discussion" if the desire for more information exchange arises. Please keep this forum and this thread especially clean of unprofessional or emotional bias, whether personal or not, whether moderator or not.
All following inappropiate postings will be deleted.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:23 am 
Also, one of you guys please post a follow-up with a summary of the bars that do work and whatever is required to make them fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:53 am 
CSM Expert

http://www.4g61t.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34233#34233

dont forget that one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:09 pm 
4g61t Delinquent

sweet effing jesus guys!!!! what happened to the whiteline bars i sugessted and posted pix of???????
heres the pic for reference:

and heres the topic for it:
http://www.4g61t.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5637

For those 10 months or less... I'm broke...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:34 pm 

Quote:
sweet effing jesus guys!!!! what happened to the whiteline bars i sugessted and posted pix of???????
heres the pic for reference:

and heres the topic for it:
http://www.4g61t.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5637
Thanks man! :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats great! Wow.. more proof! :lol:

"Why punish thy self, when you can punish thy toilet laddie."

"You can sleep with your car and you can sleep with your girl, but the car will never leave you."

"Haul arse till you see God, then brake!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:28 am 
CSM Expert

c5:

Wow! Thats a white line bar made for a colt! Thats proof colt bars fit colts without mods...

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2