4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:10 am 

I know that most persons say go with GC Coilovers($400US) but I wan't to know how these COSMO RACING COILOVERS($200US) compare... and if no one has used them before what is their thoughts on the product highlighted in the link below.

Cosmo says "These are high quality coil overs that NOT TO BE COMPARED WITH THE LOW COST COIL OVERS WITH INSECURE SLEEVES & RUBBER DAMPER HATS in the market."

My other question is would these work with Konis Yellow for the 89-92 Mirage Turbo because I buying a set of these later this month.

A Cosmo rep is going to get back to me with the spring rates etc... because I told them I looking around 300-350 on front and 250-300 on rear depending....

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Coilover ... 0294372625

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:07 am 

Coilover Kit MITSUBISHI 1G ECLIPSE FWD 1989-1994 MODELS TURBO/NON TURBO - EVO II DUAL SPRING KIT

COSMO Racing Adjustable Coil over Kits were made for performance enthusiasts pursuing the ultimate handling. Designed for street and track use, your car will be in total control, even under hard cornering situations.
ADJUSTABILITY
Customize the height as needed for different wheel sizes and weather conditions. Give your car a more aggressive look by eliminating that dreadful wheel gap!

Our EVO II Kits provide even better handling (for fast cornering) and lower ride height. The double spring design also eliminates the pumping's noise commonly found with many coilover kits in the market.

Lowering range for both types are between 0-3". Different car models may vary slightly.

CONSTRUCTION
Our coilover sleeves, damper hats, and spring seats are made from high quality billet T6061 aluminum to ensure safety, reliability, and durability. Don't put yourself and your car in jeopardy with low quality sleeves and rubber damper hats found in some other brands.

INSTALLATION DIFFICULTY: HARD
Professional installation is recommended for this product. All coilover kits come complete with necessary hardware, detailed step-by-step instructions, and access to our tech support.

Category Coilover Kit MITSUBISHI
Product Number ME8994-CO2
Make MITSUBISHI
Name 1G ECLIPSE FWD 1989-1994 MODELS TURBO/NON TURBO - EVO II DUAL SPRING KIT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:43 am 

I got this reply from Cosmo Racing

"Yes the coilover kit can be fitted on Koni shocks no problem; to be double verifying the Koni shocks can not be bigger than 52.50mm the diameter.

The springs rate are 336 front and 280 rear. For the racing cross we recommend using our racing spec with 448 and 336."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:17 am 

Well I have been googling and I found that many persons have been having problems with these even though they sound like good coilovers so I am going to go with the GC Coilovers.... This race car is becoming a real money pitt but if you want good I guess your pocket have to run.