4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:35 pm 
CSM Expert

Well I've had these on for a little bit now and have had the chance to drive them in dry, wet and as of last night, light snow. These tires have amazing grip on straights (at least from what I can tell with my 4g15 :-? ) as well as through the turns. I've been taking turns at around 30-45 mph and they just won't let go of the road! Tire noise is down SIGNIFICANTLY since I ditched my "pepboys special" tires for these. When it has rained these still have crazy grip. If I go through a turn the same speed as dry, I can feel the tires breaking traction, but the car still goes EXACTLY where I want it. Though the snow we've had so far was barely visible on the roads, they still performed great! I can't stop singing praises about these things. I got them on Tire Rack for $66 each which is worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. Other people there have said very similar things and a few have complained that the tire wear leaves something to be desired. Of course these are also the people that have sti's, evo's, and vettes so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:45 pm 
CSM Expert

I have the same size of Kumho on the same rims only my Kumhos were Ecsta 712s They really suck in snow. But they are a summer only tire. I got a freak snow storm earlier in the fall. And the tires were so terrible I put on my snows and things were much better but I agree about the noise and traction. Both fantastic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:49 pm 
CSM Expert

Yup, these are the Ultra-High Performance (as if that means anything anymore) All-Season tires. I would'nt be able to drive on snow without SOME kind of all seasons. Otherwise I might as well be practicing drifting in a parking lot :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:53 pm 
CSM Expert

UPDATE - Ok, well it snowed somewhere between 1" and 1 1/2" so I can give a bit more of a snow review now. I think I was just about the only person NOT sliding into curbs or across all lanes of the road today. But then again people don't know how to drive around here (saw some people going over the speed limit sliding all over the place and 2 accidents on my way to work :-? ). These are still the best tires I've had on the car thus far (though these are the first actual performance tires, so once again, I can't really give too much of an informed opinoin). All I know is that these tires are keeping me stuck to the road when I need it. I plan on testing the snow drifting quality of these later on tonight, so if I don't post in the next 24 hours, it's safe to say that I'm in the emergency room :twisted:

EDIT - Ok folks, no emergency room visit for me :D All I have to say is wow! I keep getting impressed with these things. I can now do an ebrake slide and stop between the lines of a parkings spot 8) even when I was sliding around, all it took was a quick little correction of the wheel in the opposite direction and I was straight and driving like normal again. Well, I suppose that concludes this review (at least for you guys reading this out there). I'll post any issuses, including tire wear, that I may have with these. In the meantime, happy drifting! :twisted: