4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 4th generation help!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:04 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Where do I go for help with 4g (4th gen) 4g63t swap info? I saw the beginning of a GREAT step by step write up before, but then my computer crashed and lost the url. Thanks!

1g ECU, Injectors, Exhaust manifold, 16g evo III Turbo, SMIC, and C Exhaust cam -9*
K&N Air filter, airbox cut up, MSD plug wires, NGKs, Apexi S-AFC II, MAF translator, tubular o2 housing w/ dump tube, Full 3" mandral.

Now I ran out of fuel!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:14 pm 

You're probably thinking of the old site by Dave, aka Eniygma... One of the pioneers of this swap. Well, he dissapeared and it's long gone.

Lucky for you I saved it:

http://members.rogers.com/227spammus/Eniygma.zip

The wiring info on this how-to is a little dodgy. Your best bet would be to talk to JYD on the Mirage Performance board since he's done the swap recently.

Also, lots of good info to be found on Stewart Dibbs' site, here:

http://www.vysor.com/lancerproject.htm

Although in my opinion he's massively over-engineered the whole project. Nothing wrong with that of course, if you've got the time and money to do that. It just doesn't NEED to be as extensive as he's doing. This site just about scared me off initially!

- J

Post subject: 4g 2g63 conversion
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:44 pm 

it will be easier if you use the 4g trans
this is the same trans proton uses more or less

ed
three diamonds racing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:56 pm 

Yep, stock F5M21 or F5M22 with a 4G63 NT flywheel and a good clutch is the way to go. Supposedly either gearbox can hold up to 400 HP if you're not too hard on it.

- J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:56 pm 

THANK YOU JAY!!

This is what I really have been wanting to do, but when I could no longer find the site, I said screw it, and am going to get a mirage turbo. Now I have the same car you have ( '95 Mirage 1.5L ) But my mod meter is still pretty low, as I still have my 3 speed in it. I think I am going to sell this car, and buy a manual, just because they're not too expensive anyways. Is the swap by Enigma "done"?? Or does there need to be more steps? Thanks again!

1g ECU, Injectors, Exhaust manifold, 16g evo III Turbo, SMIC, and C Exhaust cam -9*
K&N Air filter, airbox cut up, MSD plug wires, NGKs, Apexi S-AFC II, MAF translator, tubular o2 housing w/ dump tube, Full 3" mandral.

Now I ran out of fuel!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:02 am 

Manual swap cost me four hundred bucks and took about 15 hours of work if you're interested. It wasn't that hard... If you do the motor at the same time it will hardly add anything to the job.

If I remember right, Dave had his car up and running for a while when he put up that website. Then he ended up taking the engine back out and selling it or something funny (I forget now, we lost all his info when the old Mirage Performance board went down.)

If I were you I'd buy the GT Turbo to cruise around in while you rip the coupe apart... :D But that's just me.

If your interested, here's one that's already been done for sale... I think doing the work yourself is more fun but that's all up to you of course.

- J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:55 am 

That car is way too far away for me... and half the fun is doing it yourself... Thanks though.

I was thinking about doing the swap but these cars only go for around $2000 or so around here, and it dosn't make sense when I can start with the manual tranny, for some reason I can sell mine for more since it's auto.

I was figuring if I keep my eye out I can find one that's got a dead motor.

Now I ran out of fuel!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:01 am 

Quote:
That car is way too far away for me... and half the fun is doing it yourself... Thanks though.

I was thinking about doing the swap but these cars only go for around $2000 or so around here, and it dosn't make sense when I can start with the manual tranny, for some reason I can sell mine for more since it's auto.

I was figuring if I keep my eye out I can find one that's got a dead motor.

LOL this guy has already done all the work thats why his car is more than 2000. First off the motor alone he has is worth a grand. Plus the labor. Not including the tranny axles ECU and all the goodies on the exterior of the motor. That car is well worth 4500 dollars. I have to say that my mirage is the hardest swap I've done to date. I thin its because I had such a pain in the ass with the FMIC and wiring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:26 am 

the $2000 that I was refering to is buying one with the manual tranny instead of swapping my auto for a manual and paying $400 in parts, plus the time...

but at least you got a laugh out of it...

Now I ran out of fuel!!