4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:03 pm 

Yea sorry guys, been on this sight so much lately and still cant find this info. :wink: ]My cars radiator is spewing fluid out the top sides of the radiator and onto my evo exhaust mannifold. [/b]It still has plenty of fluid and seems fine but i want to replace before the vegas trip this december. Baught a 90 gst eclipse radiator from junker, only it doesnt have a radiator preasure release cap....ive never seen this, will it work???? please help guys..ps i have another gt 89 and when i plug the mass air sensor switch in and push the gas it revs like i have cams....whats up with this??? thanks to anyone who can help...ps ill try to help back if i can. Ok lates Charley...

Post subject: radiator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:37 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Galant vr4 rad will fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:00 am 

you need the thermostat housing to use the dsm radiator. it has the cap on it. has anyone looked at an Evo 8 radiator. looks like that could work and it has a cap on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:43 am 

I'm using the thinner radiator from the 1.5l without any problems(also in CA). There are tons of these at the junkyard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:26 pm 

yeah me too... when my Radiator cracked 5 months ago i just had to get another one because it was leaking like hell at the top. I ordered one from a local radiator shop near my place, and i kept telling him its for a 1.6Mirage Mirage Turbo, yet still he gave me the one for a 1.5. Told me that was the only size they had listed for my car.

The radiator is definitely half the size of the original, buts o far i haven't ran into any overheating problems. (Even during the summer)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:06 am 

The CC Mirage/Colt ('93-'96) has a fairly beefy radiator if you find one with automatic & A/C. You can always try that. The coolant cap is on the rad too so there's no problem in that regard.

I compared mine to a non-AC car and it literally was twice the size. Mine has an automatic transmission oil cooler built in too, which is now unused since I don't have an automatic anymore.

- J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:56 am 
Nobody Important

Wasnt there a civic radiator or something that was half the width?

What cars did that one come out of, I wouldnt mind picking one of them up.

-paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:37 am 

Ok guys thanks alot for the info. I will never find a vr4 or a evo at the junker. the dealer is going to be crazy prices, the 1.5 i see all the time but that just scares me for when i upgrade this next week. I appriciate the quick responses though this sight is great... but still needing the mass air sensor idle up and down when connected question answered but thanks..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:33 pm 

Ok thanks guys i appriciate all your help. I Ended up installing a 90 eclipse turbo radiater on my 89 colt turbo. We just had to get the radiater thermostat housing and cap which are one piece and not like mine where the cap in on the radiater. Anyways the fan was kinda big so we used the old one on the new radiater. Also the connections were different so we changed the fan and the moter to the old housing. The old fan cover hit the turbo so we shaved off one support bracket for the fan and it works great... Thanks everyone again for your help...CharleyTurbo...