4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: tranny bolt up
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:32 pm 

I like this forum, seing as I dont feel like getting flamed for posting something in another forum after I have done a quick search hear i'll post it hear *L* yes I did search, I just couldn't figure out how to get it to look for 2 words and not look for either word that I typed in to look for.

anyway, my tranny like kinda sucks as it really dosn't like downshifting into 2nd ever, and it dosn't like upshifting to 3rd unless rpm matching or treating the car like some 90 year old great great great grandma is driving it *L*, can I get another 5spd out of anything that has a 4G15 in it? are the 8 and 12 valve blocks the same? are there years of 5spds to avoid or go after for better reliability? I just want to get a spare tranny so I can rebuild it and change in an afternoon some weekend so no downtime waiting for tranny to be finished.

'89 Colt 200E, stock 8valve 4G15, 5spd,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:59 am 
almost all of the FWD trannies will bolt up to a FWD based engine. It's just a matter of picking the right flywheel/clutch/starter combo.

However, any tranny with the same code stamped on it as yours should be compatible with your car. Just make sure that the clutch and linkage system are similar.