4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:40 pm 

Hey guys, yet another little issue. My break fluid keeps leaking out completely after I fill the break resevour. I tightened all the lines going to the break master and even baught a new resevour with the rubber seal thingys in it but keeps leaking. Im not sure where it would be leaking from, now I cant even see where it would be. I heard someone say maybe something inside the break booster or something. It also leaked down by the fuel filter and the line and ate the rubber through for fuel filter so now I think ill have to replace that one again. Sucks I just did that, not sure if the line will come with it or if I will have to buy that separately. If separate I will just change the line I guess since ive already done the filter, well my friend did it two years ago or so...Thanks a lot if you can help, Charleyturbo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:05 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

i'd just replace the whole unit as it might be easier than fiddling with all the small parts.
careful not to overtighten some parts

1989 PLYMOTH COLT GT 12v - SOLD
1994 DIAMANTE - SOLD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:25 pm 
Some call me a god

You're pretty much going to have to look at it to see where it's leaking, or take it to someone else who is willing to look at it for you. There's no magic string of text that's going to stop the leak for you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 pm 

Ahh ok guys, just thinking that other people are having the same issues and what might be a common thing going wrong here. I think the whole unit was over $100 and I had already replaced the resevour part. And then I heard someone say you can use the parts like springs and orings seal thingys from a non turbo or turbo eclipse. Anyways ill look again at junker and see if any cars again this weekend. I was surpised now I don't see many turbo or non turbo eclipses really coming through much anymore like they used too. Thanks for your guys help, ill figure it out. Also it is leaking onto my fuel filter hose and its desolving the rubber badly so I guess I need to replace that hose as a whole or along with filter, not sure yet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:42 am 

Hey guys, called the dealer and they said over $400 bucks for the brake master cylander. Its 100 or so for the rebuild kit. I called autozone and ordered one, 55 bucks, nice ill take it...

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:35 pm 

Finally got it changed, works great now. Thanks for all the help everyone. Now I need my window and timing again,haha.