All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:58 am 

hi guys, i have a few questions about a swap,
what i have:
1992 colt 200gt 1.5L A/T
The donor car:
90 eagle talon tsi 2.0L Awd M/T

The ultimate plan is to swap and make the colt 4g63t powered w/ a manual trans

What do i need from the donor car and what will i need resourced aside from the donor car
ill be pulling the engine, IC and piping, resistor pack, mpi relay, harness w/ ecu, ordering mounts...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:07 am 

Quote:
hi guys, i have a few questions about a swap,
what i have:
1992 colt 200gt 1.5L A/T
The donor car:
90 eagle talon tsi 2.0L Awd M/T

The ultimate plan is to swap and make the colt 4g63t powered w/ a manual trans

What do i need from the donor car and what will i need resourced aside from the donor car
ill be pulling the engine, IC and piping, resistor pack, mpi relay, harness w/ ecu, ordering mounts...

You need the entire engine harness, MPI relay, injector resistor pack, ECU. Pretty much anything that plugs into the harness. For mounts you can source some of them from any 92-95 Hyundai Elantra or I make swap mounts and sell them. The trans mount that bolts directly to the trans needs to come from an original turbo colt/mirage o you can mod a dsm one to work. I make adapters as well to plug the dsm engine harness into the csm dash harness.

You wil also need the transmission mount from the frame rail from a 89-92 csm with a manual trans. You also need the clutch pedal and brake pedal from a 89-92 csm with a hydraulic trans along with the master/slave cylinders and any hydraulic lines/brackets. Remember some came with a cable actuated trans and they use a different pedal assembly. Of course you will need a shifter and cables from a csm although with some work I'm sure you can mod the dsm stuff to fit.

I'm actually doing an awd auto swap on my 91 colt so all of my manual stuff will be up for sale shortly once I find time to pull it all out. If you can't find any of this stull locally let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:30 am 

alright perfect, i really appreciate your help. i will most likely take you up on those manual components as colts are becoming far and few between around here whenever you get around to pulling them. What trans will i need/ can i use? i'll need to be doing something with my fuel pump as well correct?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:51 am 

I would use a fwd dsm turbo trans from a 91-92 or a KM210 from an 89 mirage/colt turbo if you can find it. Some early Sonata's use the KM210 too.

The dsm pump will fit but if I was going to bother dropping the tank I would go with a new Walbro 190lph.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:33 pm 

wow thanks, your knowledge pertaining to this topic amazes me. i appreciate your time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:24 pm 

Nothing really amazing about it, if you hang out here long enough stuff just starts to stick :P . Also I forgot to add, if you choose to run a dsm trans and use the csm shifter you will have to swap out the shift levers. I did a writeup in the archives for this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:29 pm 

yea i saw that write up a little while back, have been looking through information archives etc. trying to get a parts list together and such. I had a 92 talon tsi that was fairly quick which i ended up selling then this and that happened and i ended up with a 92 colt 200GT for 320 bucks. not too long after stumbled across this forum and well for the future... :snakeman: who knows

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:47 am 
Restricted Newbie

Could you pm me with info about this harness I'm guessing a 2g harness would be just as easy