4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:25 pm 
Some call me a god

A DAY after I got the car :-? I'm cruising down the Baltimore Washington Parkway at about 70 mph trying to get to work. Well, I pass a BMW 325I [M3 wheels and such]
Well I mustve gotten his attention with the 2.5 inch exhaust cause as soon as I passed him, he jumps in my ass :o .. When traffic cleared, I waved him around me. He pulls up next to me, and I yell out my window,
" You really dont know what you're f*cking with pal, but go ahead if you want to get your ass kicked" :twisted: :twisted:

He downshifts to fourth...... I leave it in 5th and HAMMER IT!!!!!!!
Maaaan, I've owned MANY DSM'S but this CSM is f*cking great!!!
I'm pushing this a-hole [not literally] down the highway for christs sake!!
When He FINALLY looked up, he was so suprised to see me parked in his rearview mirror, that he finally backed out of it, and pulled into the right lane :twisted: :twisted:

There are a couple more, but I'll get to those later :wink:

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:23 pm 

i am confused-(its not hard) but if you were in his rear view ...didnt you lose?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:25 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Point is that if you can start a race and not drop a gear and be on the guys a## like toilet paper, then you've proved almost as much as dropping a gear and passing him. There is something to be said for being the car in the lead no matter what, but ... :twisted: you get my point. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:08 pm 
CSM Junkie

in 5th gear no Doubt, reminds me a time I raced a Civic Si form a roll and he was like man your cars not fast, and I said, yea well I never bothered shifting out of 5th--lol

96 Mitsu Eclipse GS-T
www.ongreenperformance.com
"Just like in the old days-More Horse Power means more crap to pick up-lol"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:23 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Geoff,

When you gonna roll up to the 'burg? JMU's back in and the scenery is quite nice, if you take my meaning... :wink:

Besides, I've got my Colt running again and there's a street car shootout at the local 1/8mi. track on the 11th next month. DJ should have his car there also (it turned 120mph at the shootout). Beer and a place to crash on me!

Bill

'95 Eclipse GS-T (sold)
'95 Talon Tsi AWD (RIP)
'89 Mirage 4G15 (sold)
'89 Colt GT Turbo (sold)
'92 Galant VR-4 #753 of 1000 (sold)
'99 Eclipse Spyder GSX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:47 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Geoff,

When you gonna roll up to the 'burg? JMU's back in and the scenery is quite nice, if you take my meaning... :wink:

Besides, I've got my Colt running again and there's a street car shootout at the local 1/8mi. track on the 11th next month. DJ should have his car there also (it turned 120mph at the shootout). Beer and a place to crash on me!

Bill
:twisted: :twisted: We're installing the tranny THIS WEEKEND!! I just picked up a truck so I'll trailer her down man !!!!!!!!

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:06 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
i am confused-(its not hard) but if you were in his rear view ...didnt you lose?
Like what was mentioned earlier, You're making the same statement by
running someone down, and not passing them. The next guy has given it all she's got and you're still there . See, he "thought" he was going to blow past me, and walk away from me! :P Funny I could see him in his rear view mirror looking up and and then looking back to SEE me parked in his ass!!!! He'd get into the right lane.... I was THERE BEFORE HIM. He'd get back into the left lane... I was there BEFORE HIM.
Like OGP and Flying Eagle stated, He never came out of fifth. I left it in 4th and just kept punching the gas, and occeasionally shifting into fifth to show him I still had another gear!!!! Finally he waved me off and exited the highway. The "WTF" LOOK ON HIS FACE was freaking priceless!!!!

My point is: the right type of intimidation will make the next guy bow down or back out of the throttle.. Just look at some of lilevos videos and you'll see what I mean Notice most of the guy he runs he only runs once? Cause they dont want any more!!!!
See, from the onset our cars look and sound to others like boiled rice eating, pissed off bumble bee'd sounding sewing machines!!!

My car is currently parked at my shop in Maryland. When people that come by ask me why I sold my fast GVR4 974/1000, I point to the Colt. "What, THAT POS? It's a fruit and banana Colt, that thing isn't [pause] Waitaminute, that thing has a f*cking frontmount!"

open hood OH SH*T YOU GOT A ECLIPSE MOTOR UP IN HERE!!!!!

So uhhhhh, is this thing fast?

Couple of rules of thumb for me when I'm out hunting :twisted:

Honduhs: If they roll up on me and I'm in the mood, I'll crush em from the oneset. I want them to SEE that I have the power to walk away from them.

DOMESTICS: I like to take them on an uphill grade, cause they now know that I have power to not only haul ass, but haul ass UPHILL and past them!!!! :twisted:

Other imports: BMW's/EVO's/DSM's/Audi's. I'll tag along like a mosquito buzzing your ear. Usually they'll drop a gear, and try to bounce out on you. I'll drop a gear and take back those cars they just took :twisted:
Now they're really pissed and try to drop the hammer. SUPRISE!!!! I'VE ALREADY DROPPED THE HAMMER AND I'M COMING AROUND YOU LIKE YOU'RE PARKED !!

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:43 pm 
Restricted Newbie

AMEN!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:44 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
AMEN!!!
No doubt. I knew a fellow Nu Yawka would know what I'm talking about. :twisted:

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:14 pm 
Some call me a god

what all do you have done to your car? aside from the big fmic you just mentioned?

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:51 pm 
CSM Junkie

295 kind of reminds me of the tacanic parkway- no trucks, no shoulders to pass on. I few years ago I had a good stratagy to get a decent high speed race everyday going south from 695 to 495. Not at rush hours I would drvive slow about 60 mph in the right lane. Wait for a decent car to come flying up and pace them with your front tire even with there front bumper. They usually bite. Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:11 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
295 kind of reminds me of the tacanic parkway- no trucks, no shoulders to pass on. I few years ago I had a good stratagy to get a decent high speed race everyday going south from 695 to 495. Not at rush hours I would drvive slow about 60 mph in the right lane. Wait for a decent car to come flying up and pace them with your front tire even with there front bumper. They usually bite. Greg

Taconic in NY? Yeah, up near Chappaqua :P

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:47 pm 
CSM Expert

Quote:
Quote:

Honduhs: If they roll up on me and I'm in the mood, I'll crush em from the oneset. I want them to SEE that I have the power to walk away from them.

DOMESTICS: I like to take them on an uphill grade, cause they now know that I have power to not only haul @$$, but haul @$$ UPHILL and past them!!!! :twisted:

Other imports: BMW's/EVO's/DSM's/Audi's. I'll tag along like a mosquito buzzing your ear. Usually they'll drop a gear, and try to bounce out on you. I'll drop a gear and take back those cars they just took :twisted:
Now they're really pissed and try to drop the hammer. SUPRISE!!!! I'VE ALREADY DROPPED THE HAMMER AND I'M COMING AROUND YOU LIKE YOU'RE PARKED !!

Thats about the same stadigy that I use. Kill the honduh's:D