4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Opportunities missed
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:29 am 

so the other day i am riding around in my car during the afternoon/evening. Its about 7:00 or so, and I am on the way to steak and shake to get some burgers for the fam, when I look over next to me and this distinguished gentleman is sitting next to me at the light with a new porsche boxter. well the light turns green and he takes off in front, so I give it a little gas in 1st gear, enough to break loose the tires just a little, then drop it into 2ndand I end up about 3-4 lengths in front of him by the time I am in 3rd. At that time, I see him slow down and make a left turn - DOH! but...

right behind him is a brand new WRX sti... oh hell yeah! I slow down enough to let the sti catch up to me and get behind me in the right turn lane... as soon as its green I take off and the sti just rolls out behind me at a nice leisurly pace... I slow down and let the sti catch up and i look at the driver and notice that its a 18 year old girl talking on her cell phone, with her 17(ish) friend riding shotgun... WTF??? At this point I am baffled about the sti driver. is it her husbands car? boyfriends car? fathers car? why in the world would anyone trust an sti to a blond cell phone talking teenager... maybe they have a big insurance policy on her... :lol: cause thats just asking for it.

so I proceed on my way to steak and shake to get my burgers - 3 single steakburgers with cheese, thank you very much.

As soon as I get out on the road, I find myself sitting next to a new SRT-4. having learned my lesson, I check to see who is driving before I try anything... Lo and behold, its a 20 something guy with a baseball cap and a shiny chain necklace (you know the ones I am talking about). So the light turns green and I nail it in first breaking the fronts loose really badly, then slamming home into second. At that time i am long gone and the guy in the SRT-4 starts following me around... ok... did i win? was he racing? is he going to follow me home and kill me for disgracing his car? so he follows me for a few turns, with me trying to instigate a real race, but no, he is just going to the mall...

he turns off to the right, and I cruise home... slowly... peacefully... with no kills coming along with me... sigh.

I need to go back to that road sometime soon though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:37 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

I hate those days when I am dying for a race and no one is out or the cars I pull up next to don't want to race. Thats real frustrating. I didget a race in with an SRT-4 the other day, it was stock and still had the happy tags in it, guy was younger, probably my age. We both took off slow from the light but at about 15mph we read each others minds and punched it at the same time. SCRRRREEEEEETCCCCHHHH. We both brake loose through the rest of first and I slam it into second and slowly begin to pull away. I put about 20 ft on him by the end of third and shut down. We did a couple more runs from a roll and I was shocked at how fast those cars spool up. Its at least as quick as my 11B. We stopped and chatted at a gas station and he was pretty cool and actually knew what was in my car. He wants to race again after he gets his BC. I'll probably lose then.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:21 pm 

yeah, but he gets his BC, then you get a 14b... etc... :D Its all relative.

yeah, they spool quick cause its got so much displacement compared to our 1.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:01 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

True, 2.4L w/16G = 1.6L w/11b...were talking turbo lag here. I agree though, I need a bigger turbo.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO