4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Money race...lol
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:49 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Ok, me and a group of guys from a local performance shop decide to go down to Colorado Springs and cruise the scene since it is much larger than Denver. After having a couple wins under my belt this blue '99ish Civic SI pulls up and punches it then proceeds to turn on his flashers...WTF. This angers me since I wasn't even racing and it was a honda...nuff said. I punch it and catch up to him, he laughs and asks how much money I've got. I start laughing and say "your willing to put money down on a HONDA...common pal show me what you have and I'll just let you keep your money." He falls back to chat with his pal in another Civic SI and I figure he is just full of it. At the next light I am sitting at a complete stop when the light turns green he is about a car length back and rolling about 15 mph when I hear him punch it and pass me while his passenger waves and laughs. Its a long flat straight ahead so I'm on it...I pass him before the 3-4 shift and continue through 4th till i put at least 10 cars on him. Then I hit the flashers. They weren't laughing at the next light and wouldn't pull up next to me either. At a gas station his friend told me he had a 80 shot and some other stuff. Not enough though.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:04 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

So no money then? You should've kicked his ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:51 pm 

Damn I should of went with you.... Kicking someones @$$ sounds kind of fun! Maybe next sat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:55 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

The springs is fun. Even on a bad night like last saturday (darn Memorial day cops) it was better than the best in Denver. We should set up a cruise with all of us. It was me, Davis and Nick (turbo Saab 900 344hp to the wheels), a 300 zx with big turbos...really FN fast and an EVO. I should have taken his money...i need upgrades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:00 pm 

I know my age is going to show , but oh well . I grew up in the springs back in the late 70's / early 80's and the cruise scene even back in '80-82 was kickin' . Of course that was back in the V8 musclecar for us regular dudes and lowrider 63 impalas for the local hispanic crowd . If I remember right , the REALLY cool cruise scene back then was in Aurora on Colfax ?!? I haven't been back to the Springs since about 1995 . It's great to see the cruising still rules . Go Mitchell !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:40 pm 

I'm proud of my cars ability right as it stands now. I went to the street races yesterday night and I was confrounted by a honda driver. yep of course. he looked at my car and engine and laughed. Heanted to race and told me that he would put everything that he had in his pocket down on the race being so sure he would win and he didn't expect me to put anything down, he just wanted to spank me. Yeah i saw his car, a 90 honda civic 4 door lowared, ha ha. I was laughing by the time I saw his car. he told me had so much in the engine. so i was like "whatever, if you want to race me and I don't have to put anyting on the race, then let's go" well lets just say that I'm glad there were other ppl around to hear him say he would put everything in his pocket down on the race because I kicked his ass lol. No i have an extra 1222 bucks and I'm going shoppin for the car. [/img]

First Car. '75 Toyota Celica GTS- $300
2nd- '89 Dodge Colt GL- $300
3rd- '90 Mitsubishi Mirage- $400
4th- '90 Toyota Pick Up- $500
5th- '93 Mitsubishi Eclipse- $100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:35 pm 
Some call me a god

i went out cruising last saturday and this guy in a red car it looked like a crx couldnt tell it was droped and had tinted windows with mac stickers on it well anyways he roles down his window says how much bills you got i just rolled up my windows and smoked his a$$ and let him catch up and he wouldnt even look at me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:17 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Quote:
i went out cruising last saturday and this guy in a red car it looked like a crx couldnt tell it was droped and had tinted windows with mac stickers on it well anyways he roles down his window says how much bills you got i just rolled up my windows and smoked his a$$ and let him catch up and he wouldnt even look at me
Funny, that sounds just like my car...but I told the dude I didn't take food stamps. He got upset and tried to take off but got worked by a smaller turbo...to bad so sad. Davis, your my bitch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:38 pm 
Some call me a god

hey big head i was only joking and you know your car is faster than mine maybe it's driver up intil we hit 3rd gear then you can't keep up thanks to my 14b anyways thanks for all your help dude on my car later

hope you don't line up with me at import day i would hate to beat you in front of everybody :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:06 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Quote:
hope you don't line up with me at import day i would hate to beat you in front of everybody :(
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't care who I pull up next to, I'm just gonna run my race and see what happens. Just make sure to hit the same lane as me and we won't get stuck eliminating each other.

You would be faster than me if you had a clutch left...after the imports we need to get you a new clutch. It doesn't matter how much power you have if you can't get it to the ground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:25 pm 
Some call me a god

your right i'm going to get a clutch next week so we can put it in and i'm getting that tool so we can put the cam in anyways see you in the finals :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:36 am 

15 flat with a turbo mirage COME man put a fuel pump in and turn the boost up you can get more that 15 in the 1/4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:28 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

He has actually ran a 14.7,on the brakes trying not to break out but you also have to consider the elevation at the track is 5,900 ft...try losing 25% of your hp, then see how fast your car is. Stock EVO's and STI's are in the mid 14's up here and thats if the driver is good. Its the one thing I hate about living here...other than that I love the state.

He is actually still running rich so fuel isn't the proplem, not when we lack oxygen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:58 pm 

haha nice kill... i am having no luck with my car with winning races.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:54 pm 
Negative Nancy

Quote:
He has actually ran a 14.7,on the brakes trying not to break out but you also have to consider the elevation at the track is 5,900 ft...try losing 25% of your hp, then see how fast your car is. Stock EVO's and STI's are in the mid 14's up here and thats if the driver is good. Its the one thing I hate about living here...other than that I love the state.

He is actually still running rich so fuel isn't the proplem, not when we lack oxygen.
Wouldnt the turbo cure tha problams for ya at high ALT?????????