4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:33 pm 
CSM Expert

Quote:
LOL! Yeah, truck owners absolutely hate to be passed or get pulled by little hatch's. Most make it a point to pass me. :D
Indeed. I found out the 'Scort is faster than an Expedition (by a long shot) last Saturday.

It started off with him cruising right past me at a healthy 90 on the highway. Of course, those don't turn very well, so I caught up easily on the off-ramp.

Now I'm right behind him, expecting him to power out of the corner and resume the 90mph clip he had going. Not so. Not even reasonable acceleration. No traffic on the left, so I zip over and go wide open.

He guns it (he gots the twice pipes, mang) as I am alongside him, but I power ahead anyway. I happened to glance over and he was motioning to his hombre towards my car.

At about 5 lengths I let off and shift into 5th, not really thinking he'd try it again. But here he comes, full-bore. He gets ahead a little, I drop into 3rd momentarily and after a few seconds in 4th I had a length on him once again.

When I passed him the second time, there was a lot of high beam flashing, hand gestures, etc... Quite amusing.