4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 2 SVT Cobra kills
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:15 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I was driving through town, just about to get on the highway, and I started reving on a New Cobra. He didn't want to run with me. When we got on the highway, I spooled up the turbo and dropped the clutch, and sling shot about two car lengths ahead of him. Then we finally got into it, lined up and did about a 40 pull, it was no contest I pulled smoothly ahead of him. After, I see him trying to yell something at me, we pulled over down the highway, he got out and said, "that car is one BAD mother fer, what did you do to it?". Anyways, he explained that earlier when I was reving on him, he thought I was joking, cause honduhs always try messing with him, and they're a joke.

I told my buddy I beat the car, he didn't think I could, he starts making excuses for the ford, like maybe he didn't know how to drive.

Same night, I go to the night races, and a black cobra was on the highway heading back to the spot and I pass him. I let off the gas, not really expecting the race, but he passes me doing about 110+mph. So I floor it, eventually catch up after they had slowed down. Then we do about a 50-60 pull, and I'm clearly pulling, but I had a car in front of me. So we get off the off ramp, and the guy yells out of the cobra, "what is that, turbo?" I said, "yeah". when the light turned green we floor it, and I get ahead, and light up the flashers, told my buddy, "I told you I can pull a Cobra"

Not bad for a couple of Discustangs

1g ECU, Injectors, Exhaust manifold, 16g evo III Turbo, SMIC, and C Exhaust cam -9*
K&N Air filter, airbox cut up, MSD plug wires, NGKs, Apexi S-AFC II, MAF translator, tubular o2 housing w/ dump tube, Full 3" mandral.

Now I ran out of fuel!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:08 pm 

Maybe I could belive you beating a mustang, but a new svt cobra will kill you (if your mod list is correct/uptodate - 14b 4g61t)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:44 pm 

They were in fact SVT cobras, my mod list is correct. running 15psi with the first one, and 17psi on the second.

They have a curb weight like 3600lbs or something close to that. The only thing I don't know is what year they were, both of them just looked like brand new cars, I've heard they only run like high 13s low 14s. plus the first one being a highway pull, mustang looses it's RWD advantage.

Besides, why would I want to say I beat something that I didn't. I'm not that board just sitting here making up stories. Go race one, they're not that fast dude.

1g ECU, Injectors, Exhaust manifold, 16g evo III Turbo, SMIC, and C Exhaust cam -9*
K&N Air filter, airbox cut up, MSD plug wires, NGKs, Apexi S-AFC II, MAF translator, tubular o2 housing w/ dump tube, Full 3" mandral.

Now I ran out of fuel!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:14 pm 

Quote:
They were in fact SVT cobras, my mod list is correct. running 15psi with the first one, and 17psi on the second.

They have a curb weight like 3600lbs or something close to that. The only thing I don't know is what year they were, both of them just looked like brand new cars, I've heard they only run like high 13s low 14s. plus the first one being a highway pull, mustang looses it's RWD advantage.

Besides, why would I want to say I beat something that I didn't. I'm not that board just sitting here making up stories. Go race one, they're not that fast dude.
here you go

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustan ... _SVT_Cobra

Puts down about 360whp or so bone stock and have run as good as high 11s stock with a skilled driver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:29 pm 

lol i saw a bone stock mustang pull a 7.7 in the 1/8th. best my old mirage has done is a 8.1.(granted it was a higher mph) they would pull the shit out of ur car man. my car had a 4g63 w/big16g big difference in power

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:41 pm 

http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/ford/performance1.htm

This shows 13.9 14.0, where's this from? these years still had same HP/torque ratings within 5. Maybe they were non-drivers, I don't know, but they were not pulling the $ht out of my car. The first guy lives around town, I'll find out what year it is, maybe have him fill out an afidavit for you guys. Bottom line, he got beat.

Now I ran out of fuel!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:34 pm 
CSM Junkie

Here's a good link. http://www.stealth316.com/2-calc-hp-et-mph.htm

allows you to calculate ET/HP/weight/mph and interchange the data... assuming perfect traction of course.

SVT cobra: 3665 lbs, 390hp= 13.12@108.85mph
turbo colt GT: 2287lbs, 135hp (just some numbers I found) 15.5@90.4mph

that's just stock numbers... now... if we do a modded car...

2.0l turbo: 2500lbs, 400hp=11.68@123mph actually, that's about what underdog gets, right?

so, assuming our cars weight around 2500lbs, we would have to make 275 hp to run a flat 13, which would still beat the svt cobra.

All these calculations were made using the LRT formulas... just goto that site and start popping numbers in to try different formulas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:03 pm 

Quote:
http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/ford/performance1.htm

This shows 13.9 14.0, where's this from? these years still had same HP/torque ratings within 5. Maybe they were non-drivers, I don't know, but they were not pulling the $ht out of my car. The first guy lives around town, I'll find out what year it is, maybe have him fill out an afidavit for you guys. Bottom line, he got beat.
I'm not doubting that you beat that car, but it was probably a regular GT, they run around 14 flat and puts down 235 whp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:19 pm 

They were both SVT Cobras, I saw the badges on both, unless they both put the badges on.

Now I ran out of fuel!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:01 pm 

well Jmirage if you did beat the two SVT's mad props to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:40 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I highley doubt they were 03's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:49 pm 

hey, no use... do you know this czech09 character? whats wrong with that guy? j/k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:24 pm 

The 03' SVT Cobras run 13.00000000000's all day long at 109-110 at the big end
02' Cobra's are WAYYYY!!! slower like more than a full second and chop off about 10mph from the trap speed.
I am sure you ran into a pair of 02' as the 03's are way more rare and about 20k more off the lot.
still a great kill!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:31 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
hey, no use... do you know this czech09 character? whats wrong with that guy? j/k
I surely don't know him personally, but he is on a local tampa board and acts the same way, posting that he wants to buy 10 sec dsm's. He actually pm'd me with an offer of $1,000 for my Mirage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:24 pm 
CSM Expert

ok guys, my boss has a new(ish) svt and its NOT supercharged, i think its like an option now... anyways he keeps that thing looking almost showroom and its at LEAST an 01 if not newer... just my .02