4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: TWO point O liter 63t
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:40 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I think I spun a rod bearing today or maybe the oil pump is fubar.

Tomorrow I'm putting the Civic and the Eclipse in the paper for sale. After that I'm Finishing up the suspension on my mirage and installing the tires shocks. Tuesday I'm pulling the motor out of the mirage and gonna go through it. It'll be done by friday depending on what went wrong with it. I was planning on taking it out of the car anyways to take the balance shafts out. Now that I have all the kinks worked out on the car and shes Electronically and soon to be suspensionally. I'm ready to make the motor run good. I think it might be the oil pump I'm not sure. IU have a light ticking in the bottom end of the motor. Oh well I'll pull it and install those 2g pistons I wanted to install in the first place.

On another note when I first got the car runnign the shifter linkage didn't work all I had was 1 3 5. The shifter and cables were out of a mirage and the tranny was a 1g DSM tranny. So the distances weren't correct. I ended up haveing to cut the arm off the tranny and weld it shorted and angled backwards about 30 degress. not that the arm is shorter that throw in in my shifter is about 3 inches. Man does it shift good.

Ok suspension time and how she handles. 1-50 she drives smooth kinda shacky at higher speeds. 100-130 shes really shakey. The shocks have about had it. She kinda rides like a boat and is really really twitchy. When I pull the motor I will be pulling the power steering. There is no nead for it and I've never had it before I don't like the way it feels it is WAY to twitchy. Lanuching the car is a real challenge. Launching and awd is easy wrap that bitch to 7 grand and drop the clutch when it bogs push the clutch in for a split second so it can wrap out again and drop it again. Second gear just make sure you get it in there. 3rd gear watch your EGTs. Fourth gear hope they don't catch up. 5th gear (thinking to myself) should I be going this fast on a 40 MPH road. Ok launching a 4g63t powered mirage. 1g ease the gas to about 1200 rpms ease on to the gas while flooring it when she starts to hiit boost hold on and watch out for that window that torq steer is a bitch. Spinng tire soudn SCHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECHHHHHHHHHHH CAR PULLS HARD TO THE LEFT. Watch out for that curb. Pull the wheel to the right. Second gear SCHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH CAR PULLS HARD TO THE right. OH shit don't hit the car your racing. Second gear (thinking to my self(damn I need s an LSD)) Yank the wheel back to the left Third gear SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCHhhhh OH SHIT watch out for that curb again. Yank it back to the right. Fourth gear SCHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHH didn't pull this time that bad. Smooths out look in the rearview mirror. Heart is thumping harder than I can ever remember it pumping. I can hear my heart thumping and making my ears throb with every beat. Friends in the seat to the right of me and behind me are cracking up. By the way the hole race I couldn't even keep it in my lane. TORQ steer is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Car with torq steer and boat ride characteristics do not go well together. I was S-ing like superman it almost felt like I was fishtailing. I look over and my friends are CRACKING up. Come to find out the guy gave up after second gear cause I cut him off and scared the shit out of him.

All in all I had a blast my first day of cruising with the car. It left a grin on my face all damn day. When I pull the motor out of the car I'm scrubing the hell out of it and gonna make all my wires nice and wrap them with electrical tape and make everything uniform and scrub the engine wall. Power wash the trannmission and clean the hell out of it and paint it gloss black along with the engine block.

On another not stock 14 steelies do not get good traction and I went through the front two tires in one day they had about 90 percent tread on them to start with and now the steel belts are showing.

Thanks for reading

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:04 pm 
Some call me a god

Dude, WICKED.
i want to get my car running asap. you should take it easy and let the motor break in, the rings wont seat well. Give her about 900-1000miles before you boost it. also, use NON-SYNTHETIC OIL. Your Oil pump was probably working before you dumped the clutch, the internals not only have to get worked in but so does the water pump, oil pump, bearings etc etc.
Take it easy to proplong the life of your baby.
Good luck, and get that Phantom Grip man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:01 pm 
Some call me a god

to get rid of power steering...
just cut and loop the lines at the rack, and get as much fluid out as you can before you loop them. the ex=power rack is still easier to steer than a non power rack, and cheaper too.

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.