4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Roush, 5.0, GSR, what?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:38 pm 

I just recently aquired my 89 Mirage 4g61T. After thuggin out out the cash for a car that "Didn't run" me and a couple freinds went to work and in one night like magic the car ran fine. (This was great considering I only bought the car to put a 2.0 in it.) Anxious to see what the little 1.6 would do i went out and raced a few cars that i had always wanted to pull on--( keep in mind my car has a 1g manifold-Fuel pump-450's-14b-and 1g maf, act 2100) First in line is my good freind brads 88-89 5.0 H.O.( Headers-full exhaust- some race gears-full suspension-upgraded MAF- ram intake 264 tq to the wheels-hell of a nice ass car for a kid very clean paint and all. He was very cocky at first rushing me to put my shoes on saying "Comon lets get this ass whippin over with-I dont know why i am wasting my gas-- anyway we go out and race my car for the first time the first race i held him within a car length--- the next we did from a 20 pull i was even with him the whole time- the third race from a 20-30 pull i pulled him him about 2 feet ---he was pissed enraged- he couldnt belive my little 1500 dollar car beat his 5.slowcumstane on bald tires to boot with an extra person i my car we have repeated this experiment serval times 10+ with similar results each time a few of which the mustang does prevail

The next day i pulled up next to a stage 1 roush - basically a brand new gt with some visual shit and suspension(i think) after he laughed at me for a few min he finally decided he had enough of this pesky little black hatch so he raced me and i pulled his ass over a car length maybe more i dont know i didnt look back till we stopped at the next light and he said f#ck that think is fast

A few days later i was hanging out at a local shop and some kid with a 99 civic coupe just put a gsr motor in with an lsd--by far the best race yet----he seemed pretty sure he had the upper hand as i let him think so still driving on bald tires- he pulled me off the roll by a car or so from a 20 punch--then the passenger in the civic said all he heard was Chearp, CHEARP, CHEEAARRP, as i fly past him into thrid gear-- i think i hurt the mans pirde that race i would have bee upset if i had just spent over 4k on a motor and tranny and lost to me too--stylerGSX has the race on video tape As he says --Ohh yeah Mirage time babie - that civic got an ass whopin today

On the high way 2days ago after leaving Biology lab around 1--a white integra with a full body kit pulls up next to me- when i rolled the window down he said he had saw me the other night at the races-- how about a 60 punch- over the busling trafic- I agree and we weave in and out of lunch hr dallas traffic until we come to and amazing one or two mile clear strech-- from a 60 punch in third i drop the clutch at about 6500( itll be replaced when i get the 2.0 anyway) i pull about one foot on him in third in fourth he pulls up next to me and gets a little ahead but you can hear him rap it out to what sounds like over 8k just as he shiftsi belive i am still in fourth and i start to pull by 115-120 i was a fender up on him just then we hit a patch of traffic and have to slow down amazingly we both live in the smae neighrborhood-- out of 4 million places in dallas---at the next light he tells me that my car is pretty fast and i agree by responding so was yours what do you have-- it was an LsVtec--all motor b16 trany racing ecu-fp reg-headers and all that honda stuff-- that was a great pull

other car fallen to the turbo beast that is still Tooslo,

92 civic hatch ls swap
2003 1.8 T
95 GST exhaust blow off valve (More ?) --I thought this guy was going to try to kick my ass when i told him it was a 1.6 he was one pissed Asian dude

Cars that have taken the mirage to the level of defeat-

2003 GT (3 people in the car on a highway pull) mods? Exhaust?
1999 civic coupe Ls TURBO big turbo- pulled serval buslengths on my a$$-- wouldn't say what he had it took 15 min to get him to admit it wasnt a d16 motor- visable big a$$ frount mount intercooler

Hope my trials and tribulations will give hope to you other CSM's out there hope for a bright and fast future ps if i spelled anything wrong it's becasue i am disylexic--although not too bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:10 pm 
Some call me a god

that doesn't happen to ed's old car does it?or is it the incredibly ragged out flat black car from the h.e.b. area?

nice to have another csm guy in the dfw area, i am from denton. we have the "red colt" that i have heard talked about several times, and are the guy's that stacy got his idea from for his turbocan. welcome to the club.

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:16 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

To coin a phrase from the Matrix..........

"When you drop that 2.0 in, YOU WON'T NEED TO DOWNSHIFT

89 Colt Turbo
92 GVR4 254/1000 Kensington Gray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:28 pm 
Some call me a god

5th gear is BLAST with the 2.0L, 60-100-60-100, just by pressing and letting off of the gas...fun.

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:25 pm 
CSM Junkie

i'm suprised the 1.6t had that much... ass kicking ability. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:00 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Heh, the 61 is actually a damn good motor its just initially more restricted than the 63. Give em the exact same mods and it will be a close race once both car's spool...the major down falls really are spool time with a larger turbo and off boost power. My posted 1/4 mile times are with a mostly stock 61, all it had was an intercooler, exhaust and K&N filter....no boost controller or any of the mods I have now. People are always shocked when I tell them its just a 1.6L w/13b...i've been called a liar so many times I just expect it now.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:05 pm 

To answer your question, no it is not ed's old car it's my new car---

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:48 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
To answer your question, no it is not ed's old car it's my new car---
...of course it is your new car, but did ed "blufalcon" own it at any point in history?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:30 pm 

Yep, it's the same one-ps i'd like to see your car some time my freinds said they saw you on your way to church and talked for a while-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:30 pm 
Some call me a god

awesome...
i hope you take care of it, supposedly the guy that bought it from ed didn't treat it very nicely...

we are gonna try to go up to denton raceway(drag strip) some time soon, probably around late feb, early march, bring it out...we will smack down some t/a's and z28's.(p.s. its REALLY fun!)

"y'all did good for having 4 more cylinders than me"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:29 pm 

Nice kill man, damn those 5.0 are fast cars. Glad to hear you kept up with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:58 am 

Sarcasim....? Actually, right before i Blew the head gasket..... i got alot better at driving my car..... I beat him (the 5.0) by two or more car-lengths from a roll: Ohh yeah and i turned up the boost a little...a little to much for a 15 yr old head gasket and a 130k....Ohh well hello my 2.0 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:07 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Hopefully pretty soon too I'm ready to ride in that mo fo. Te HE HE. I wanna go fast to damnit.