4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:04 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

I had to post this since it was the first good race i've had since winter started. A buddy of mine had been wanting to go for a ride in my car since I had done several improvements since his last joy ride, and what a ride it was. We were just cruising the normal roads when I see a dark green Galant VR-4 at the next light. It has some visual upgrades and plenty of gauges so I knew he would be down. We blow off and he returns it. We are at a three lane intersection (me in the middle lane) when a blue WRX pulls up quickly. MMMMM, two AWD's and little red hatchback. The VR-4 was ancy and kept bumping but when the light turned green they both took of easily...maybe to give the FWD a chance. It only lasts for a second when the VR-4 punches it at 15mph. The WRX and I react about the same and I light up the tires anyway but still had some momentom going. The VR-4 was quick and put about 2 car lenghts on us fast but half way through second I was pulling up real quick and was dead even for the 2-3 shift in which I scratch the tires and walked away. Having caught the VR-4 I remembered the WRX...he never caught the VR-4 but didn't lose any distance. At the next light they were both full of questions...what is it? what motor? blah blah. When the light turned green I thought for sure they would take full advantage of their AWD but to my shock neither wanted to race again...oh well.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO