4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Me vs. M3 on highway
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:00 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I was coming up 81 for the 4 hours home for thanksgiving break. Boring drive, I'm stuck behind a truck, which finally moves and I get on it since there is clear sailing ahead. I notice that the beemer behind me doesn't disappear as I'm up around 90. I actually get in the right lane so he can pass. Then I see it's an M3 (E36) w/Connecticut plates, as he passes I see that it's lowered and he has a few gauges in the A-pillar. He seems to be looking at my car, wondering why the POS is so loud. I d/s and pull away. He catches back up and we get side by side. Don't know if he was racing or not, I pulled way ahead and hit the hazards. I slow back down and he passes me and keeps going, oh well. About an hour later, I'm rolling along and, there he is in my rear view, he passes me and puts on his hazards. Ok, so, I guess the first one wasn't a race, I catch him and we get side by side, I wait for him to go, he gets on it, so do I, it's dead even for all of 4th pretty much, then I pull ahead by half a car. I really couldn't hear his car over my exhaust, but I swear I heard a BOV. Well, it was a nice treat to make my trip a little bit more fun. At least, I think I should destroy a stock E36 M3 on the highway. Oh well, anyone know about turbo kits for BMW's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:07 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

The car you raced probably had supercharger. A basic supercharger kit makes 290-350 to the wheels on the e36A stock e36 only runs high 13-low 14s stock. Superchargers usually knocks a second of the 1/4 mile with 107-110 traps(these cars are pigs wieghing in at 3100ibs).

It could have been turbo, but turbo kits are rare/expensive. The kit thats availabe makes anywhere form 320-600 whp.

I got 96 m3 and vortech kit that I'll install as soon as my mirage gets sorted out so I can use it a daily driver.

BTW
Here is a video of a street driven e36 turbo that runs 10.07

http://m3turbo.serveftp.com/movies/M3_Hammarstrom.mpeg

more info at
www.m3turbo.tk