4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:36 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Tonight was a good night for my colt, lots of ppl think my car has nothin to prove because its a 1989 Dodge Colt 4 door C10, with a carb 1.5l with a 5-speed. Well 2 civics a tercel "sport" and a 94 Jeep Cherokee where shown up. Its a cooler night tonight and my 4g15 Loved it! The first Civic was a 92 civic with a 1.5 DOHC with a cold air intake, he was all ur car cant take sh*t, well he was proved wrong he stayed about bumper length with my rear tire, he was pissed. Then my friend brought out his new 95 Toyota Tercel with its 1.5 DOHC which put up a good fight off the line but my wide tires helped with that, I caught traction and he was behind. the other civic was a joke, he blew a shift into 2nd (loser). and finally the cherokee, not a kill but my lil 1.5 stood up to the 4L pretty damn good. I pulled ahead of him shiftin into second and then when I hit 3rd he was startin to pull away, I guess the lil lab rat that mitsubishi calls the 4g15 was gettin tired runnin on his wheel under the hood. Oh well, other then exaust, my lil "ram air" fix and wires and plugs my car is stock, and the fact of that is what keeps me lovin MITSUBISHI. Saddly Im closin the book to my Colt and I am not putting anymore cash into it. My cash is goin towards my uncles Black 1998 Eclipse GSX that he is "letting me have" for $10,000. So my colt is gonna race till she is dead!

F*** all the Honda Crap!!! This is a Mitsubishi Nation!!! Lets make 'em proud guys

Last edited by T__K__A on Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:43 pm 

Black 1998 Eclipse GSX that he is "letting me have" for $10,000. So my colt is gonna race till she is dead!

is it highly modded or something? if not, you'd be better off hunting down a 95-99 AWDt DSM shell for $2k-$3.5k rolling shell (see em on eBay from time2time) & dropping in a 6-boltT. ah, thats just what I'd do if I wanted a 2G AWDt.
Quote:
F*** all the Jap Crap!!! This is a Mitsubishi Nation!!! Lets make 'em pround guys
this statement puzzles me... where does three diamonds reign from again??? :-? 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:19 pm 

Quote:
F*** all the Jap Crap!!! This is a Mitsubishi Nation!!! Lets make 'em pround guys

You might want to do your homework there fella.........
Mistubishi just happenes to be a JAPANESE company........
Many domestic car owners refer to our cars as "J*P cars........

Oh, and the word is PROUD... Not "pround"

Geoff
Mach V

89 Colt Turbo
92 GVR4 254/1000 Kensington Gray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:38 pm 
Some call me a god

doesn't mitsubishi mean 3 diamonds in japanese?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:52 pm 
4g61t Delinquent

its actually pronounced Mitsu-Hishi...one of them is the word for a plant that has three petals on each leaf and the other is diamond shape i belive i found it one time on the internet......but it happens once again where you cant find what your looking for :-\

For those 10 months or less... I'm broke...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:34 pm 
CSM Junkie

From Mitsubishi's webpage... http://www.mitsubishi.com/e/group/mark.html

The name "Mitsubishi" refers to the three-diamond emblem. "Mitsubishi" is a combination of the words mitsu and hishi. Mitsu means three. Hishi means water chestnut, and Japanese have used the word for a long time to denote a rhombus or diamond shape. Japanese often bend the "h" sound to a "b" sound when it occurs in the middle of a word. So they pronounce the combination of mitsu and hishi as mitsubishi.

Yataro Iwasaki, the founder of the old Mitsubishi organization, chose the three-diamond mark as the emblem for his company. The mark is suggestive of the three-leaf crest of the Tosa Clan, Yataro's first employer, and also of the three stacked rhombuses of the Iwasaki family crest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:25 pm 

Quote:
first Civic was a 92 civic with a 1.5 DOHC with a cold air intake
hate to say it but honda never made a 1.5 dohc, it was a sohc if it was a 1.5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:09 pm 

Welcome to the Slam Fest! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:12 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

I just started laughing when I read the subject title, I had a feeling about this one. Honda never made a 1.5L DOHC and they should have beat you but then they may suck as drivers and you may be better. This is usually the case. The 4 door is heavy and the 1.5L makes 80ish hp in good condition so I have to give you props on the kills, anytime a honda gets beat, I smile.

Nice kills 8)

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:55 pm 

True on the mitsu being jap, I apologize for my wrong doings, and yeah your right Honda never did make a DOHC they just made a 12 valve on a SOHC, my bad again. Sorry guys I guess Im just a dumb teenager that got excited cause my car did better then cars that I thought would out-perform mine, oh well, so far though I will be drivin a mitsu car for the rest of my life, these cars rock!! And to think I got interested in these cars from Gran Turismo :D

I apologize again guys, common give me a chance Im learning.
(Oh and my 4g15 is in mint condition so it might be pushing 80)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:28 am 

Quote:
Honda never did make a DOHC they just made a 12 valve on a SOHC, my bad again. Sorry guys/I apologize again guys, common give me a chance Im learning.
thats ok, we're all entitled to a few mistakes. btw, my sisters 95 civic has a d15b7 1.5 16V. a good source of refrence of which engines were offered in what car, & recalls is http://www.alldata.com/recalls/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:37 pm 

My brother has a 88 crx with a 1.5 16v sohc dual point fuel injection, and he has some stuff done to it and i must say, above 4500-5000 it goes not bad for what it is, and handles better than my dads race car. but thats awesome that you killed the cars you did, i personally love mitsu's but my dad and brother are all honduh.