4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:27 am 
Restricted Newbie

Have to share a funny story and I’ll try to make is as short as possible. :-?

On my way home from work the other day in my Mirage and up ahead I see a Mustang picking on GTi, so I figured I would throw my hat in. :poke: Since Underdog installed the VPC, my turbo is much louder, as I’m trying to catch up to them, I notice I a silver SRT4 Neon in my rearview mirror. I slow up a little and he pulls up next to me. It’s two younger guys and the driver is race ready. I give a little throttle and back off to give a little blow off sound, their heads both turn towards the car with mouths open. They backed off and pulled in behind me. I was off again to catch the Mustang and GTi.

The lanes are merging and I’m losing my chance. We were in an area where it was two lanes the rest of my way home. I was bummed. I was about 4 or 5 cars behind the Mustang and I could hear him revving at the lights and see him running up on the car in front of him. By this time the GTi had already turned off. Next thing I know the Mustang is turning off. My luck, he’s turning on to a 4 lane road – I follow.

A few cars get in between us, but I FINALLY catch up to him. I pull up next to him and notice a Roush 3 badge. Not knowing anything about the Roush 3, I gave him a little blow off noise. He looks over at the car and is laughing. We make eye contact and I nod my head. He gets a jump on me, but it’s not long before I’m side by side and passing him. I get a car length on him and back off to let him catch back up. This time he has his game face on. I downshift to second and sitting right at 4000 rpm, perfect! He gets on it and gets another good jump. Same thing, I get side by side and as I’m passing him I hear him let off so I do too. He passes me shaking his head and then turns off.

I get home and tell the story to Underdog. We get on the Internet and find the following out about the Roush stage 3.

Supercharged V8 – 4.6l
360 –HP from the factory
375 lb-ft torque
Starting price - $40,000
12.7 ¼ at 109 mph

Not a bad way to come home from the office!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:16 am 
CSM Junkie

Awesome!! :o
That's all I can say! Great job handing him his ass Gail!!! 8)

Jimmy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:33 am 

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:32 pm 

haa...thats was great. i would have loved to see it. and the dumba$$ expression on the mustang owners face :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:35 pm 
Some call me a god

how is the VPC working for you? I've been told not to get a S-AFC but instead to pick up a VPC. Do you feel it works better?

Post subject: mustang
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:10 pm 

Gail, you should be ashamed-the poor slob just spent 40 grand and you made him feel like spare change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:21 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

She's my Hero!!!

Good run !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:49 pm 
Some call me a god

and on top of it, he got beat by a girl in a turbocan, a GIRL, he must have no dignity left to even claim,
good kill,

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:45 pm 
Some call me a god

It must be nice to be a female, and woop some stang man ass!!!

It would be funny if the mirage was pink too!!! THEN i would love to see his face!!

Good kill!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:39 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
It must be nice to be a female, and woop some stang man @$$!!!

It would be funny if the mirage was pink too!!! THEN i would love to see his face!!

Good kill!!
Thanks for the props guys. Actually I have to be very careful. I've learned from riding with the Underdog that guys take a beating much better from another guy than from a female. I have been flipped off several times and called a b!tch a few times as well. I can count on one hand where after I've beat someone that they have actually questioned me about the car or made some type of compliment. The best was a guy in a Honduh. He actually followed me home to find out more about the car. Not only did he get a piece of my Mirage, Underdog and I were out one day and the kid came up to us at a light. If he thought my Mirage was fast, he found out how fast Underdog's was as well He was nice about it. He thought the cars were "insane" :twisted:

But yes, I have run across many guys who can't stand that a female beat him. Underdog and I were at the track one time and a guy is a supercharged Mustang lined up with me. I had him beat all the way through third and when I went to shift in to fourth I missed it. By the time I recovered he had caught me and we crossed through the traps at the same time.

We got back to the pits and he started putting his street tires on. He started talking to Underdog and saying that the track was prepped bad and that he almost lost control and was afraid he was going to hit me. Before fouth he was behind me, how could he hit me???? :roll: But he sure got a kick out my race with a Vette. He thought that was funny. I guess it's just not funny when you are the one getting beat! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:04 pm 
CSM Junkie

gail... if i make it to florida... wanna race ;)

1990 Chevrolet Corvette L98
1996 GMC Suburban 454
1999 Volvo S70 AWD L.P.T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:05 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

We have a Roush Stage II at work, its not supercharged but i still think they look pretty badass. You think guys dont like gettin beat by girls, girls dont like getting beat period, they usually pay someone else to make their car fast and they dont understand what is going on when a little mirage flies past a mustang gt with intake and exhaust.

-matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:19 pm 
CSM Junkie

that's the cool part about gail and the rest of the women on here! they LIKE car.. so thay insist on doing the work

1996 GMC Suburban 454
1999 Volvo S70 AWD L.P.T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:24 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
gail... if i make it to florida... wanna race ;)
Anytime :lol:

If it wasn't for Underdog, I wouldn't be where I am. He's done all most all the work. I don't mind getting my hands dirty and jumping in and helping, but most of the credit goes to him. But he can tell you that when we head to the track, I do everything. I refuse to let anyone put my slicks on, air 'em up or down, etc. Underdog has had guys approach him and ask him why I'm changing the tires and that he should be doing it. I simply respond that I race the car. If I'm going to race the car, then I can change the tires etc.

And I have to admit, most of the guys in our local car club or others that we have met along the way have been really accepting of me (including you guys here). I think some even get more enjoyment out of watchin me beat some guys then I do! :wink: And they get protective of me too. They'll jump right in if they hear someone talking smack. It's like I have a bunch of older/younger brothers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:36 pm 
CSM Junkie

you sure do :) :lol:

1996 GMC Suburban 454
1999 Volvo S70 AWD L.P.T