4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:02 pm 
CSM Expert

Was cruising up to the old mans place up in the hills here in Perth on the w/end in the 4G61T Excel. Amongst watching some old fart in his Range Rover literally kill his motor while attempting to keep up with me going up the hill, later on some guy pulled out and attempted to "monster" me in his MY00 WRX. From what I could tell he only had an a/m exhaust on it.

I pulled up to a right turn and the rex was following me. I could hear him giving it some revs behind me. I looked across at my g/f as we waited for traffic and she gave me 'the nod'. :wink: At which point I gave it some revs and dumped it at ~ 1/2 throttle through first and speed shifted 2nd so it wouldn't all end up as wheelspin madness. I heard the rex nailing it from behind. I think it was about this point the rex driver had figured out that I wasn't just some lowered, 17" mag, big exhaust riceboy wannabe without the bodykit as he heard the quick "psshhhht" from my BOV.

I made it to the 2-3 shift and was rewarded with a big dose of wheelspin and torque steer at about which point I noticed I had already put 4-5 car lengths on the rex so I shut it down (was a 50kmh zone after all).

The WRX driver kept his distance all the way along the road after that. :twisted:

oh yeah, I was running ~5-7psi max, super rich AFRs and a 6000rpm fun limiter (still needs to get off this damn break-in tune!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:47 pm 
CSM Junkie

that's great man, how many klick's to full boost?

'89 Plymouth 200GT 4g61t , evo316g, fmic, 1g cams, cyclone intake, 1g throttle body, 2.5 hard pipes, 190 walboro, 650's, 2g o2, 2g ex mani,3" mandrel, ACT 2100, Fidenza flywheel, Unorthodox underdrive pulley, SBR lsd, , AEM wideband, tuned by maf-t, 2" drop, gr-2's, brembo
cross-drilled, metal masters, 205-50 Falken Azenis, etc., 280 whp @ 256 tq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:01 pm 
CSM Expert

about minus 800km. :-? ie It should have been back on the dyno months ago. Ive got a small niggling oil leak on one of the external oil cooler fittings and my tuner wont want me dripping oil on his new Dyno Dynamics AWD dyno LOL. Ive fixed the damn thing about 4 times so far and the stupid thing doesn't want to seal - actually Im fairly sure that Ive been picking on the wrong fitting and its the one next to it that is leaking. Let me just say that the 4G6xT motors dont go in easy in my car and working on the motor is a PITA!

Im not driving it much since the rich AFRs are creating huge carbon deposits on the pistons. Frankly I think this thing is gonna scare me silly once it gets a taste of some decent boost and more aggressive tune. 7psi feels like about 15psi on most other boosted cars Ive driven or been in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:31 pm 
Restricted Newbie

ommm I dont think there were any 2000 WRX's, they started around 2002. You must have raced a 2.5rs that is alot slower.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:44 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
ommm I dont think there were any 2000 WRX's, they started around 2002. You must have raced a 2.5rs that is alot slower.
He's not in the US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:58 am 
CSM Expert

Quote:
xlr8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:25 pm 
Restricted Newbie

hehe, the WRX started production late 1993

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:35 pm 
CSM Expert

That's right. We have had WRX's over here since their inception. There are ALOT of WRXs on the roads here in Oz and the drivers are generally very arrogant - hence my satisfaction at caning this lad :wink: The large number of WRXs has made the local V8 crew very BOV-shy. ie if they hear a BOV they will not run you. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:06 pm 
Some call me a god

whats it like to have GTR's running around everywhere?
they must be a dime a dozen in Oz

i've never scene a GTR... but i would like to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:30 am 
CSM Expert

Yes, there are quite a few Skyline GTRs running around. Mostly they are 'grey' imports. Not all of the R32/33/34 Skylines are in fact GTRs. Alot of them are the lesser 2wd GTS-t. I have dragged a true GTR in my 4G15 X2 Excel (slight mods) and I thought i was gonna beat him... :o then his turbo spooled and it was 'cya l8r'! :) Had a single turbo conversion I think as they tend to spool slow.

Once I have the 4G61T X1 Excel tuned better with some decent boost I think I will at least be able to give them a serious fright (given they're not too modified. :wink: ).

There are also alot of Nissan 200SXs (SR20DET) and imported Silvias/180SXs (CA18T) over here as well. The odd sprinkling of Subaru Liberty/Legacy RS (WRX motor) but not too many EVOs and zero DSMs.

The quick locally built cars are the 5.7L LS1 equipped Holden (GM) Commodore, V8 Ford Falcon and XR6T Falcon (4.0L turbo VVT inline-6!!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:39 am 
CSM Expert

for everyone on thios side of the pond Holden Commadore = Pontiac GTO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:13 am 
Nobody Important

Quote:
XR6T Falcon (4.0L turbo VVT inline-6!!).
Hmmm, sounds like my jeep motor... I wonder if I could yoink the turbo setup and put it on my jeep? :)

-paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:11 pm 
CSM Expert

Ya that does sound distinctly Jeep-ish now doesn't it? :) I just put a Rad in a 95 YJ last weekend a really nice easy car to work on lots of room under that hood :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:39 pm 
CSM Expert

Quote:
I thought the Monaro was the new GTO?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:47 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:
I thought the Monaro was the new GTO?
they are all based off of the same chassis, they even share it with the cadillac catera/new gto, there are many versions, in the middle east they have the holden caprice, same chassis, longer with 4 doors, like the 94-96 impala, and callaway has been modifying these cars for a few years now.
fun eh?

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.